Monday, June 27, 2011
Hello dear ones (: Been a week, I know! But I just got back from a fantastic week out of the country on a cruise in the Caribbean! It was absolutely beautiful in every way possible! I'll post tomorrow more about the trip itself and some pictures and things. I hope you guys are having an awesome time. Now, one of my current favorite songs by one of my all time favorite groups, Lady Antebellum! Enjoy!
at 11:50 PM
Friday, June 17, 2011
So, I'm cheating a little. I did write a post, I pinky promise! But I wanted to kind of kill two birds with one stone here. You can read what I've written, but you must go see it on the amazing Southern Disposition blog written by the one and only Kendra! She does this thing on Thursday's called the Errant thought roundup! She let me do it last year on my birthday, and so I volunteered to do it again! You have to see her blog, it's AWESOME! Just like she is! And she's cool enough to share my birthday guest post. Enjoy you guys, and leave her some loving on how cool her blog is!
Just click this:
Thanks you guys! I love you!
at 12:23 AM
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
So, this past Saturday was beyond amazing! I began the day (much too early!) with breakfast with my friend Olivia Neely at Biscuitville, and then we headed over to graduation! It was different for me this year, since for once I wasn't playing pomp and circumstance, but instead I was across the auditorium being a junior marshal. My legs were about to fall off by the end, but it was well worth it to see some of my best friends graduate. To my graduates: I wish you all the best in everything you do! I love you all so much! After graduation, I went to my sweet 'little sister' Brianna's birthday party. She's going to be in seventh grade next year... she's growing up so fast! Following that, I went to my big sister Chelsea's voice recital, which she ROCKED! She's awesome, and she's definitely going to be famous one day! Finally, we had our Studio sleepover. It was everything I ever could have asked for. I love them with my whole heart! Here's some pictures capturing the day! (:
The Chorus was awesome!
Class of 2011, congrats! Class of 2012, we're next!
My loves and fellow junior marshals!
Olivia Caroline! Congrats!
She's gonna be famous one day.
Awesome rockband (:
Oreo BFTILVM! She's in the process of changing the world(:
This is how we do it! Partyyy time!
This is home. This is where I live and breathe and love more than anywhere else.
We beasted a game of charades. It was hilarious! Tayler is a dragon slayer, and I'm a dragon in this one!
We're dancers, what can we say?!
Some heightttt on that leapppp! (:
at 6:19 PM
Monday, June 13, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
Ohh, sweet Friday. How I do look forward to thee!
Today's Topic: Backwards
"Well, I really like Elon, and Campbell, and a few other small schools..." It's the patented answer to the question I'm receiving far too often right now... "What college do you want to go to?" Really?! Am I honestly old enough to be getting this question? It's all so backwards.
You see, I'm not actually almost seventeen. I'm actually about five years old. I still love playing with playdoh, dancing around my room, coloring, and watching Disney movies. I still love taking naps. I'm not supposed to be looking at colleges yet... I just signed up for kindergarten, right? I just came in off the play ground with scraped up knees and calloused monkey-bar hands. I just got finished learning how to read and write... didn't I? It seems nearly impossible that almost 12 years have gone by since I first walked into that elementary school classroom. But, ready or not, here we go. Senior year... I welcome you with open arms!
Well, enjoy your weekend my loves. And take a deep breath. One more week under your belt!
at 11:59 PM
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
This past Friday was our dance recital. I cannot put into words how much I absolutely adore this day. Recital day > Christmas. Seriously. Here are some of the pictures that I have to capture that night and everything it was!
Silly girls! This is why I absolutely love my dance life<3
This is after tap! It's our 'We're out of breath, but we did it!' face! (:
I'm no longer alone♥
Most beautiful dance I've ever done. ♥
I'm in love with this ♥
Again, You Raise Me Up. Beautiful.
Anne Bangs, whom I love very much!
This describes our relationship so well (:
Music breathes life into me.
at 7:39 AM
Monday, June 6, 2011
Hello old friend♥
It's been a while since I've really written in here, or shared my heart with you guys, so today that's what I'm going to do.
I know I've mentioned it a few times, but I am currently coming out of one of the more difficult seasons I've had to face. For those of you that know me, you may or may not have known this. I think that's part of what made this season so difficult... I've faced most of it on my own. But I've also learned many, many lessons from everything I've been through, some I'm glad to have learned, others I wish I hadn't had to. But the fact is that I did learn, and I'm going to be a stronger person because of it. So, if you remember before, I did a post on Lessons I'm Learning, and I'm going to do so again now. I figured that would be more important than hearing all about my problems, right? So here goes.
1. Sometimes, all you can do is keep breathing. I've had those days, far too many to count, actually. Those days where you can't make sense of anything going on. I've spent days confused and upset and angry and hurting. I've been so upset that I literally felt as though my breath was caught in my lungs. It's most definitely not where I want to spend a vast amount of time. But sometimes I think we go through those moments so that our lungs can be reminded how much they like the taste of air.
2. Trust. I'm still really working on this one, and it's probably one of the hardest lessons I've had in a very, very long time. I'll be honest and say that I have major trust issues. I put up big barriers, walls that I keep around me to stop others from seeing the yucky, the messy, the broken parts of me. I know it's not the best way to live either, but it's just the way things are for me for now. I'm working hard, breaking down some of the mortar holding the walls so tightly. Maybe some day soon I'll find enough of a crack for a breakthrough.
3. Forgiveness. Definitely a work in progress. I think forgiveness is one of the harder lessons that anyone has to learn in life. I tend to be fairly decent at forgiving other people, but I have a more difficult time with forgiving myself. I've messed up a lot, and I've spent a lot of time feeling unforgivable. I'm in the process of letting God's truth speak to me If He can forgive me, I should be able to as well.
4. Sometimes, all you need is for someone to listen. Sometimes, I don't need or want advice. Sometimes, all I want is for someone to sit and hear me out. Someone to consider me important enough to listen, to just want to sit and be my friend. I know I'm going to make mistakes, to mess things up, but telling me what I should do or should have done doesn't help. Let me make some mistakes, and then stand by me if I do end up hurt. Don't say 'I told you so'.
5. Beauty is much more than what you see in the mirror. I think everyone could tell you at least five things they would like to change about the way they look. But really, none of those things are what makes people beautiful. Beauty is found in the way someone cares, loves, listens, and speaks. Beauty is found in someone's laugh and inside of their arms when you hug them. Beauty is who someone is on the inside, not the out.
6. Life is beautiful. Seriously, just look around. And when you've been knocked down, it puts you in an even better position to stop and look. Never miss an opportunity to observe the beauty that fills this world.
7. People will surprise you. People I thought would always be there for me have gone away, and let me down. But also, some people I couldn't imagine ever being close with have become my best and dearest friends.
8. Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.
9. Take some chances, regardless of their perspective consequences. You have to be willing to take risks, or you'll never experience the life that is available to us. I'm working at this one, too. And I'm telling you this because I want ya'll to hold me accountable. Help me to not back out.
10. It's up to me how I choose to live each day. I am going to choose more happy, more fun, more joy. It's up to me, and I'm going to make it the best I can.
So, there it is. 10 lessons I'm in the process of learning. What are you learning lately?
at 6:08 PM
Friday, June 3, 2011
Today's Topic: Everyday.
As I sit here, outside on the front porch, it hits me again. The world is so stunningly beautiful. I sit, front porch swing squeaking on it's hinges as we slowly move in rhythm... back and forth, back and forth... the smell of summer crosses before my nose, riding on a delicate breeze that tickles the leaves of the trees in my yard. I sigh, breathing in as much as possible. I close my eyes and soak in the heat of summer, watching the show of orange from the sun dancing in my closed lids. As I walk through the yard, my toes sink through the cool grass all the way into that red Carolina clay. The memories of last night's thunderstorm still linger in the broken twigs and scattered leaves strewn about the yard, but the world is healing itself again. And my goodness, it was so gorgeous. The lightning followed by thunder, singing their duet with the pelting rain as a background... it's a breathtaking lullaby. And I remember again... this is beauty. This world that so many say are full of hate and misery, is beautiful. I promise myself to take more moments like this one... more moments to just sit and enjoy the beauty that rests around me every. single. day. (:
So, there we have it folks! Happy Friday!!
PS. This is an extra special Friday... it's RECITAL NIGHT!!!! Ahhh. So basically, Today > Christmas. Yep. SO excited! I hope yours is just as fabulous!
at 10:52 AM