Five Minute Friday

Today's Topic: Everyday.

GO.

As I sit here, outside on the front porch, it hits me again. The world is so stunningly beautiful. I sit, front porch swing squeaking on it's hinges as we slowly move in rhythm... back and forth, back and forth... the smell of summer crosses before my nose, riding on a delicate breeze that tickles the leaves of the trees in my yard. I sigh, breathing in as much as possible. I close my eyes and soak in the heat of summer, watching the show of orange from the sun dancing in my closed lids. As I walk through the yard, my toes sink through the cool grass all the way into that red Carolina clay. The memories of last night's thunderstorm still linger in the broken twigs and scattered leaves strewn about the yard, but the world is healing itself again. And my goodness, it was so gorgeous. The lightning followed by thunder, singing their duet with the pelting rain as a background... it's a breathtaking lullaby. And I remember again... this is beauty. This world that so many say are full of hate and misery, is beautiful. I promise myself to take more moments like this one... more moments to just sit and enjoy the beauty that rests around me every. single. day. (:

STOP.

So, there we have it folks! Happy Friday!!

PS. This is an extra special Friday... it's RECITAL NIGHT!!!! Ahhh. So basically, Today > Christmas. Yep. SO excited! I hope yours is just as fabulous!

Comments