January the thirty-first.

I guess blogging isn't really my strong suit or anything. I'm kind of a sporadic blogger. I'm thinking about starting another blog that will be a tad bit more organized. But who am I kidding? Me? Organized? Yeah, okay. Haha. I think I'm just going to ramble a little about my life now. So listen if you wanna, I wouldn't mind. (:

1. Things are going pretty well for me right now. Hectic, and I'll probably end up losing my mind before the end of the semester, but hey, that's what college is all about right? Well, kind of. Right now, I currently:
- Am in 18 credit hours of classes that include, but are not limited to: Intro to Writing Across the Curriculum, ASL I, Modern Dance (my PE), World Literature for Children, Math for the Elementary School Teacher, and Health Education in the Elementary Schools. Sounds riveting, no?
-Am working a lot of hours at several jobs that include, but are not limited to: Weight Room Attendant, Facility Supervisor (all 3 gym facilities), Console Attendant (2 of 3 gym facilities), Group Fitness Instructor, and Tutor of General Interdisciplinary Studies and Diversity Scholars.
-Am trying to maintain some semblance of a social life. Weird. But I'm trying.
-Am involved in the really awesome music ensemble of Concert Band. Love playing my trumpet again!

So yeah. That's the logistics of life right now. It's a little crazy, and I'm a tad bit overwhelmed. But it is also a lot of fun. I am meeting a ton of new people and getting to experience many new things. I have made a lot of new friends and that's been a really cool experience.

For the month of January, I've been trying to really focus more on taking better care of myself. I really just changed some small things, but I feel so much better. I am eating cleaner, consuming more raw foods and less sauce-covered, fat-saturated things. My body is running more efficiently and I can tell a huge difference. I am not as lethargic and I have a lot more energy in just daily tasks. That's been nice. This is not to say that I have not eaten a cheeseburger all month. Because I most definitely have. I mean, can you blame me? I live within driving distance of Comeback Shack. Haha.

But! I am exercising much more often, and more efficiently. I am lifting and cardio-ing it up! I have a new-found love for my body. I mean, it does so many cool things! It's fun to take care of it so that it can keep on doing cool things! I've really changed my mentality when it comes to exercise, and that's been most helpful. I think better, and I work better. Mental health matters just as much!

So overall, life is pretty good. Crazy, but it keeps me young. I'm trying to write a bit more, and I'm taking a bit of a rest from some other social media. So hopefully I'll be hanging out here a bit more. Light and love, dear.

-S.

Comments

  1. Sounds like your insanely minute by minute filled universe is spinning solidly on your axis, and that makes your Mama B happy for you. If you are in need of her, you know where to find her. In the meantime, keep breathing and simply being you.--:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment