It's been a while since I've been by, and updated you on how life is going. This is mostly due to the fact that life is flying by, and I've been busy as ever. Also, I kinda lost my zest for writing. I don't know why, but I'm just in the mood tonight. So, I thought I'd do a quick catch-up. It's been approximately 16 weeks since I updated you. So here are 16 big happenings/ lessons I've learned over those weeks (: I've missed you! How have your lives been going? Please update me!
1. I graduated from High School. I walked across the stage, got a diploma, tossed my cap, and walked out never to return to Fred T. Foard as a student. It is liberating, but scary at the same time. A lot of lasts happened at the same time. My last band concert as a marching tiger, my last time dismissing my band as their leader, my last time dancing in a recital as a student at Studio B, my last time seeing a lot of people I grew up with, etc. It was hard to say all those goodbyes, but it makes me excited for all the upcoming hellos!
2. I learned a lot about judging people, and how I HATE it when people do that. I don't care what you look like, do in your free time, or whatever. If you are nice to me, I'll be nice to you. And if you aren't nice to me, I'll tolerate you the best I can. But who the heck am I to judge you for anything?! I'm definitely no better than anyone else!
3. I went to Arnoldsburg, WV for the fourth year in a row. I'm IN LOVE with those people, and that place. It means so much to me. It was amazing to have that week to regain perspective, and to step back from everyday life here at home. It reminded me of how blessed and lucky I truly am, and how much I have to be thankful for. I'm one lucky girl, for sure!!
4. I've gotten to spend some AMAZING time with one of my dearest and closest (: I love her very very much, and I'm SO lucky to have such an amazing human in my life! We've had some crazy, funny, sweet, serious, and all around awesome moments. I'm lucky that I get to have her be a part of my life forever! I wouldn't trade her or our crazy times for anything in the world!
5. I gained a twin, and she's fabulous. We have a ton in common... like so much it really is scary!... and I got to spend an awesome week with her at our 'big sister's' house. It was like a vacation I didn't have to pay for! We have gotten a lot closer and we do a lot together. I'm lucky to have such a wonderful friend!
6. I've learned a lot about who my friends really are, and how to not try so hard to please every single dang person. If you really love me, you'll stick around through all my craziness, and all my goofiness, and all my weird quirks. You'll stick around for ME, and not some facade that I put up. And let me tell you, I have some AMAZING friends. I know they will be there for me through absolutely everything. I'm so lucky to have them, and I definitely don't take that for granted!
7. I've become a much healthier person! I eat better, and exercise more. I have lost a substantial amount of weight, and I have about 13 more pounds to go! I'm really proud, because I've never stuck with it before. I attribute it to the fact that I have an AMAZING place to work out called HG Fitness. The people I have met there have become my family! I love them SO much, and they are some of my nearest and dearest friends! Scratch that... they are my family!!!! I wouldn't be nearly as happy without them in my life!!
8. My owl
9. I've become a lot more in touch with who I am, and what I want to become. I'm a much happier person now that I've accepted who I am, and what I am becoming, and I stopped really letting what other people influence me. This is MY life. It's my turn to make my decisions, and no one else really gets a say in that.
10. My bracelet collection has also grown, and I adore each and every one! They all have a meaning and a purpose, and I get so happy when I think about how they connect me to so many different people!!
11. I've become a tumblr addict. I keep up my tumblr a lot better than I do this blog. Want to know what is on my mind? Check there. You'll find out. And plus, it is the coolest website I've found to hold my quote collection!
12. I've learned a LOT about the difference between being a 'Christian' and acting like Jesus did. I've met some atheists who act more like Jesus that about 90% of the people who call themselves Christians. And that's sad. I want to be a part of changing how the world views Christians. I want to prove that we aren't all judgmental, bigoted, self-centered people.
13. The world is beautiful. Despite all the terrible things that happen every day, the world as a whole is a beautiful place, full of beautiful people. I am just more amazed every single day by how many beautiful things there are out there to enjoy. I've set aside more time to enjoy said things, and I've made some on-purpose time to just enjoy the world around me. I'm learning how to slow down and smell the roses a bit, rather than be so busy that life flies by without stopping.
14. For the longest time, I was obsessed with always 'capturing the moment', and taking a million pictures. I still take a ton of pictures, but I've stepped back a bit, to just live the moment more often. I enjoy it, and stay fully present where I am so that I can enjoy the memories more later. Pictures are nice to have, of course, but I thoroughly enjoy living more often too.
15. I am working harder on treating every person I meet like it's their last day. And taking time to look up at the night sky every night. It really, really changes your perspective on life when you do these things. Give it a try if you don't believe me.
16. I'm living my life, being happy, being me, and learning all kinds of new things as I go and grow. I'm meeting new people, making new friends, and strengthening relationships with people that have become integral parts of my life. I'm beyond lucky to have such an awesome support system to stay with me as I go through this transition period into the next chapter of my life. I'm nervous, but so excited to see what life brings!
So, my sweet followers, I hope that caught you up a bit on what has been running around in my head. I've missed you guys! I look forward to keeping this old thing up again. I've missed writing... it's a big part of me, I just can't deny it anymore! Love you all!