Five Minute Friday.

Hey, lovely followers.

No news today. Just write, just right.

Today's Topic: Rest

Go.

Hands open, broken, cracked.
I sit here at this table, Your table.
Thank you for saving a seat for me.

My heart is weary; I'm afraid I've worn it out.
Life has been so busy. Always on the move.
Minutes slip through fingers- dew drops in morning sun.

Most are good, though some are not.
There's always somewhere to be.
Someone to see, someplace to visit, some thing to be accomplished.

But I sit here; I sit at your table in this moment.
I take a short reprieve from the bustle of the go, go, go.
I breathe deep; my constricted lungs finally expand.

I lean in, I lay my head on your shoulder.
I close my eyes and I am still.
I listen for the quiet.

You hold me close.
You let me know that it will be okay.
You let me rest.

Thank you.

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Awesomely beautiful, bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read your post I remembered. That's how I need to rest. Breathe. Lean. Listen. Wait. Thanks for the reminder. Now I am resting, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment