Five Minute Friday.

Today's topic: After.

I really tried to think of something creative, but my creativity levels have been zapped by the excessive amounts of homework sitting in front of me that I don't want to do. Oh, well. Here's my five minutes!

Go.

I think of my life as split into two parts so far: before cancer, and after cancer. Don't get me wrong, I don't define myself by my cancer or anything, but it really does mark a big shift in my life. It marks the time when I became thankful for things I never imagined I could lose (like my voice, my thyroid, my ability to lift my head off the pillow on my own). It introduced me to this whole world of people who bless me on a moment by moment basis. It brought my best friend and I closer than either of us could have imagined. It's brought amazing other people into my life as well, just through conversations begun about the scar at the base of my neck. Having cancer taught me how to value every single second I've been given. It reminds me to be thankful in all things, and to live every single moment. It has made me very much not superficial. Cancer hurts, but I've learned so many important lessons, and relatively early in life. And not to mention that my relationship with God is closer than it ever would have if I hadn't been placed in a situation where I was required to trust in him alone.

So, yeah. Basically. Haha. Cancer changed my whole entire life, and in a weird way, I'm really actually thankful for it.

Happy Friday!!

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Visiting from Five Minute Friday and loving your words! Loving that you have decided to view something as devastating as cancer to be a pathway that leads you closer to Him... and love how He pursued you through your illness... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from FMF. It never ceases to amaze me how God can take the most horrible circumstance we have to face - in my case, divorce - and turn it into a blessing to be used for His glory in the end if we let Him. LOVE your verse below. Exodus 14:14 has been one of the ones I've held on to this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on! This is a great post and I like how you've processed this event in your life. Ah, that little butterfly (aka thyroid) that does so much damage. I know it all too well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings and love to you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!
    really good work.
    Keep writing.
    cancer is sooo awful.
    So glad to see you on the other end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment