February 2, 2011!

Hello, my sweet things, and Happy Groundhog Day to you!! I really hope that your Groundhog day was as fabulous as mine, although, I'm not so sure it would be easy to beat! Several fun and exciting events took place today. Oh, you want to see pictures? I figured you would! :)

In honor of this fabulous holiday, I made groundhog cupcakes. I am by no means ever going to be able to make a career of decorating cupcakes, but I think they turned out pretty cute!

Emily and I decided to go all out for the occasion of today. As you see, I am wearing brown, and Emily is wearing black. I am the groundhog, she is my shadow! We had lots of fun hiding from each other, and trying to avoid seeing each other, etc.

Oh no! Where is my shadow?!

So, as you can see, today was quite the fun and exciting one. I cannot tell you how many people, though, came up to me and asked me why I was so excited about Groundhog Day. It's just an insignificant little holiday, right? Not really. Here is what I say: Life is full of too many normal days. We spend so many weeks, one day after another after another, doing the same things over and over again. Life doesn't give you many special occasions, and I say that when it does, you should take advantage of it... even the small things. Like waiting on a groundhog to see its' shadow. Or putting a little green on for one day. Or making cookies shaped like George Washington... who knows! The possibilities are endless. Make those little things count. Savor each and every second that you have been given. Any reason to celebrate is a good one, and you should always celebrate when you have the chance! Make as many memories as possible, and live your life with all you've got. No regrets. And ALWAYS enjoy the Groundhog Day's in life!

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. I love your groundhog cupcakes!!! They're adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment