Stereotype.

I want to be a stereotype breaker. I don't want to fit the description 97% of adults label teenagers with. See, here's the thing...

Not every teenager hates their parents
Or thinks they are stupid
Or is on drugs
Or is obsessed with drinking and sex.
Not every teenager thinks they are invincible
Or is careless about how they handle themselves
Or is lazy
Or has no work ethic.
Not every teenager is confused about who they are
Or doesn't know what they want to become
Or has no self esteem
Or is always looking for ways to act out.
Not every teenager listens to loud, obnoxious music
Or is uncultured
Or doesn't pay attention
Or expects to always be entertained
Not every teenager skips out on church for the world
Or doesn't pray and witness
Or forgets about God.
Not every teenager fits the 'every teenager' we've created.

I'm tired of being grouped in with everything that people assume teenagers are. I want to make the best of my life... my whole life. Including my teenage years. I want to look back on them with no regrets. I want to do hard things, accomplish big ideas, and reach for the sky. The thing is... being a teenager means that I still have my whole life in front of me. I still have time to dream big dreams, wish on stars, learn from mistakes, and become who I'm meant to be. I don't want to waste this time. I want to be a stereotype breaker.

Love,
Legs♥

Comments

Post a Comment