Leaky Pipes, Lawn Mowers, and Birthday Cake Ice Cream.

Well, today was interesting to say the least! I woke up and went to Zumba, dance class, and lunch with my most amazing not-so-big-big-sister Kelsey!

Then when I got home, I decided I would mow the yard. So I go down stairs and roll the lawn mower out of the garage. I go to fill it up with gas, since it was empty from last week when I mowed, and end up spilling it not only all over the lawn mower, but myself as well. How did I manage that? I still don't know. So I get that cleaned up, and I go looking for the headphones I use while I'm mowing (they weren't in the place I usually put them). While I was looking, I could have sworn I felt something wet hit my head. I thought, "What in the world? It wasn't supposed to rain today!" Yeah, I know. I was inside. That didn't occur to me until I looked up and saw the pipe above me dripping, instead of a little black rain cloud(: The pipe was right above my dad's tool box, which was completely flooded. I got a step-stool and set a bucket on it to catch the drippy water, threw some towels on the floor, called dad and forewarned him so he could check it when he got home, and finally found my headphones. Lo and behold, they are dead! So I go all the way back upstairs, find the batteries, replace them, and head back down stairs. I finally get to the mower (45 minutes after planned 'begin mowing' time), and I go to crank it. It is also dead, it appears. So I just gave up, rolled the mower back inside, and waited on Dad to get home. Super Dad jumped the battery, but nothing happened. Super Dad checked the engine, but nothing was wrong. Around that time, Mom got home, and Super Dad had Mom use her car battery to try and jump the mower. Again, nothing happened. Finally, Super Mom figures out that the blade was set to 'ON', so the mower would not start. Super Mom: 1 Super Dad/Sarah:0(:



But, Dad gained his Super points back when he got me an entire container of Birthday Cake Ice Cream at the store! (:


Oh! I almost forgot! Good News Moment of the day: My ultrasound was clear! Dr. Parker ordered an ultrasound of my neck which I had done last Tuesday afternoon. They have never ordered one before, but apparently it didn't really matter. Everything is good to go! Now, we wait for Thyrogen and blood work in two weeks. But we're one step closer to cancer-free! (:





Toodles! (:

Love,
Legs♥

Comments