Things I Don't Hate About Me.

Hey, sweet ones.

So today, I am sharing with you a list that I have recently put together. Being a lover of lists, they are usually quite easy for me to complete. But this one? This is the hardest list I have ever written.

You see, it is so easy to pick out the flaws in yourself. It's easy to see the uneven eyebrows and too big and too small and too this and too that. It's easy to pick out the things you want to change about yourself. But the hard one is picking out things that you like. So often there is absolutely nothing that I like about myself. I'm not saying that to get you to feel bad, I'm being totally honest about this. There are so many days where I feel worthless, useless, unlovable, and just all around terrible. But today, I'm not doing that.

I've been told that I'm too hard on myself. I don't think I am; I think I'm looking through a lens of honesty rather than a rose-colored glass. But a couple of other people lately have come up and spoken these words to me. They've told me to be gentle with myself, to let myself experience and enjoy and not always scrutinize my every movement. So here's where the list comes in. I have made a list of 10 Things That I Don't Hate About Myself. I recommend it if you're anything like me. It's a challenge, but a good one.

1. I don't hate my eyes. They are really a nice blue, and they are a direct link to my heart.

2. I don't hate my compassion. I have a lot of room in my heart for a lot of people, and I can love and be the one that doesn't walk away.

3. I don't hate my attempts at writing. I think I am getting better and that is what counts. Plus, it is an excellent outlet for me.

4. I don't hate my arms, because they are always willing to wrap themselves around someone that needs a hug. Always.

5. I do not hate the love and passion that I have for kids. I do not hate how kids seem to love me, too, and how we seem to get each other on a whole other level than I get most people, or most people get me.

6. I do not hate that I am a dreamer. I dream big, and wide and I wish on stars and cross my fingers and toes. I pray and I plan and I hope.

7. I do not hate my hands. They are actually kind of nice, I guess? And I do not hate how they help me to do so many things, and help so many people, and just are all around amazing tools.

8. I do not hate my smile. It took six years of braces to get it this way! Haha. No, but really. Smiles can do a lot in a world where there aren't many. So, I try to give it away as often as possible.

9. I do not hate my goofiness. I am practically a five year old all the time, and I love it. Life is much more fun when you look at it through these lenses rather than others. I highly recommend it.

10. I do not hate me. As much as I may hate parts of me and sometimes those parts seem like all of me, I do not hate me. I have God's thumbprint seal of approval on me, and how can I hate something that my Father created? He loved me enough to make me exactly as I am and I am on a journey to become more thankful for that every day.

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. I don't really know what to put here, but I wanted to say something. I've never been very happy with myself either, but this made me realize that I had a lot that I didn't hate because how could I hate something created by someone so amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a precious, beautiful daughter of the King. A true princess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment