Spring Break 2013.

Hey loves!

Sorry the blog has been rather slow this week. I wanted to take the week to really kind of zero in and just be home for my break. I wanted to fully be present.

Alas, as all wonderful things do, my break has pretty much come to an end. Sad day. I go back to school tomorrow. But I didn't want to lose what an amazing week this was for me. I left school with a kind of empty cup of myself. I was exhausted and in terrible need of a break at home with my sweet family and amazing friends. So, this post may be boring, but I wanted to chronicle my spring break. Here goes!

1. On Friday when I arrived home, I went to the glow party at HG. It was the first one I had gotten to attend all year. I got to see a majority of my HG family and it was absolutely wonderful. I missed them so much. It felt like old times dancing again.

2. Saturday I slept until 2pm and then went on a photoshoot with amazingly talented sister. Here's just a couple of her wonderful shots (I'm actually not pretty, she is just a really good photographer!) :








3. Sunday I got up and went to church. Then I went and had lunch with my family at Tripps and it was wonderful. Then I met my best friend, Sarah, at Sweet frog. Then I read part of a book and took a nap. It was great.

4. Monday I slept in, then went and got brunch with my old therapist/current mentor. She is phenomenal and I wouldn't be alive without her. I value my relationship with her so much. It's definitely a God thing! Then Mom and I went to Winston and I saw my otolaryngologist. Long story short, we found out that the originally thought nerve damage to the ear isn't as severe as it seemed. Yay! This is Dr. May:

5. Tuesday, I slept in and then drove down to Wingate University to see my best friend Sarah. I got to see where she lives and goes to school and meet all of her friends, which was really fun! I miss her so much now that we're not together all the time. But the cool thing about having a friendship like ours is that we can grow separately without growing apart. And that's really, really awesome.

6. Wednesday, I went to lunch with a dear friend of mine, Courtney B. Then I went and got my hair done, which was nice. I then went shopping and ran a few errands, and finished up my day with HG Fitness dancing and having a blast. And my mom made nachos for dinner, which is my favorite. Loved it!

7. Thursday, I got up at the freaking crack of dawn and went to Riverbend Middle to spend the day with the most amazing special needs kids I know. We went on a field trip to the Science Center! It was so much fun. We got to make slime and eat saltines dipped in liquid nitrogen (which makes you breathe like a dragon), play on the play sets, learn about electric currents, play with a green screen, see the aquarium, and so much more. It was a blast. I also got to meet some hearing-impaired students from Claremont Elementary (who completely stole my heart!), and the special needs class from Bunker Hill came with us too! While we were there, I even ran into Arabelle, one of my other favorite kids ever! I adore these kids more than just about anything in the whole entire world, so this was a blast for me. It fills my heart-cup to be with them. And my big sister, Courtney S, teaches so I get to be with her too! The other teachers are also so amazing. They are my family.

8. Friday, I got up and got dressed and my wonderful friend Alex drove to spend the day with me! We started off our day by going by Claremont so I could introduce him to my new sweet little friends. They have already stolen my heart and it has only been two days! So sad to say goodbye when we had to leave. The precious smiles and little arms wrapped around my legs make it hard to not just set up camp and stay forever. Then we went over to Riverbend so I could introduce him to the other kids. Almost the whole class was there and got to meet him, including Amiga, my niece, who is a blue and gold macaw! The kids were in really good moods and being silly and fun and it was so good to see them again today. My heart-cup was almost overflowing. The kids did their presentations on the planets that they had been learning about, which was so fun to watch! Then we had to go, which was so sad. I am so attached to them, I just wanted to stay forever! I already miss them so, so much. They do more good for me than they will ever, ever know. After we left there, we went to Atlanta Bread and ate lunch. Then we went to downtown Hickory and walked around the square for a while. We still had some extra time, so we went to Bisque 'n' Beads and pained pottery! I pained a tiny mouse and he painted a tiny hippo, and we collectively painted another piece as surprise. It was so fun and I laughed so much. After that we went to dinner with my family at Olive Garden! It was great.





9. Saturday, I got up (yet again) at the freaking crack of dawn to go to Winston with my family and HG family to do what is called the Color Run. It was so much fun. It is 'The Happiest 5K on the Planet!' We laughed and ran and walked and had fun just being in each others presence. The reason it is called the Color Run is because at certain mile markers, they throw powdered paint at you, which dyes your shirt. It was awesome! We got yellow and blue and green and pink and purple all thrown at us while we ran! I mostly just really loved being with the HG family again. I miss them so much when I am at school. They are such a big part of my life. I love them dearly. We had the biggest team there with 100 and some people! It was so cool! When we were just standing in the crowd and they were playing music, we even did some HG dances (of course!) and other people joined in and it was just a blast. Here's some pictures, before and then after. Enjoy!













This has been such a wonderful week. I have loved every minute of getting to be back in my little hometown and see the people I love most in the world. I already miss it, and I'm already homesick, and I haven't even left yet! I really want to say thanks to everyone that made this week so wonderful for me, just by being and by loving my crazy self. I have the best friends family in the whole world. I'm the luckiest girl ever.

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous just like you! It sounds like you had a really great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the pictures, looks like a very fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Pretty young lady. So Glad you had a Great week home and hopefully your cup is now overflowing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment