My Story... after another year.

Hello, dear sweet ones of mine.

I hope that today, you are smiling. I hope that the sun is shining and it is nice where you are. I hope that God moves in a really, really special way for you today.

Today is a very special day for me. I like to refer to it as my 'cancer birthday'. You see, today, I am officially six years cancer free. Cancer free... those words never ever fail to taste sweet in my mouth.

But this year, those sweet words are coupled with a very real, painful tear sliding down my face. For today, one of the most amazing, dear little ones that I ever had the privilege to know is being remembered in his very own memorial service. He is being laid to rest, celebrated by those who loved him most, cancer having consumed his little body. My heart is broken for his family. Please, please pray with me for them today. Lift up their hearts as they join together to say a final goodbye to their sweet boy.

Many of you that were here last year probably remember me sharing my cancer story. If you weren't here last year, you can read it here. (Literally, right there... just click the word 'here'!) Even if you were here last year, you can still re-read it at the link. I really won't mind (;

In the past year (can you believe it's been an entire YEAR since it was February 23, 2012? Me either!) I have experienced a lot of changes. I have moved into a new place and begun my career as a college student. I have met tons of new people, and I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I have also struggled. I have reached some of the lowest points I have ever experienced in my life. I have cried and ached and been gut-wrenchingly shattered... broken beyond repair. These 365 days haven't been easy ones.

But friend, by the grace of God alone, I am still here.

I don't deserve to be, that much is definitely certain. Yet here I stand. I must have work to still be done! I serve an amazing God that has let me make it to this day, and I am forever thankful.

I hope that, as you hear my story today, it resonates somewhere inside you. I hope that you find hope, dear one, in hearing that you can continue and even come back from having your world turned rather upside down.

But most of all...

Today, I want you to celebrate life. I want you to take a moment to think over all of the millions and millions of gifts that you have to be thankful for (hey, just think, your heart is beating, lungs are functioning, and eyes are seeing this right at this very moment!), and I want you to celebrate. Celebrate life with me today, will you? Celebrate with me the miracle of today, and the fact that we get to enjoy every last moment of it. Help me to enjoy living for those who didn't get to experience this... this wonder filled life... today. Let's celebrate.

I am so thankful for each and every one of you. You make this journey a pleasure to be on. I hope that today leaves you wonder-struck. I love you dearly. Let's Celebrate.

Love,
Sarah

Comments