Five Minute Friday

Ahhhh. Friday at last. 
Take a big, deep breath, friend. You made it through another week.

It's time to write, for five minutes straight, no editing, just raw and real. And the best part? You get to link up with this amazing community of other people who love to finger paint with words every week right here.

Today's topic: Bare.

Ready?

Go.

It's easy to tell that winter has set in here with just one quick glance around. The bare branches stand out in stark contrast to the layer of snow that blankets the ground. The snow covers any hint of green grasses or possible new plants, making this also appear so bare. It is so often how my soul feels. There are days when I don't think that I could even come close to producing a single green leaf. Days when I feel like I am just so empty. Sometimes those days turn to weeks, weeks to months, months to years. Sometimes I have really bare seasons in my life. I'm in the middle of one right now, actually. But as I struggle through this feeling... this empty, exposed, hurting part of my life... a gentle breeze caresses my face to remind me that spring is coming. It may not be as soon as I would like for it to be, but it will come. A new life, a new meaning, the ability to grow and produce. Spring is just around the corner, waiting to fill this bare soul of mine. I just have to hold on.

Stop.


Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. I loved this post. It's so beautifully honest yet hopeful. I know this "bare" empty feeling too. I keep remembering that joy comes in the morning and that he will rain on the barren lands. The minute I read today's word prompt I thought of Shane and Shane's haunting and joyful song, "Barren Land". Praying for you today, sister!
    ~Osheta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in exactly the same place. Psalm 71 was a huge comfort to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The barrenness of winter allows us to see the beauty of spring ... in nature and in our souls. A lovely piece to remind us of the inevitability of spring, even in the bare, cold emptiness. Blessings! visiting from 5 minute friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a lovely post. Thank you for sharing such a vivid picture with me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment