Five Minute Friday.

Hey, friends. I am so relieved to be back to you today. This week has been a stressful one. This five minutes has come to be one of the highlights of my time. I hope you enjoy as I do.

Today's topic: Mama.

Go.

I am going home today.

And I am so excited. I was just home two weeks ago... but time has this way of stretching to make itself seem larger than it is. And two weeks has officially felt like an eternity. I am so ready to be back in the warm embrace of my Mama's arms.

This topic couldn't be more perfect for today, as yesterday was my Mama's birthday. Have I mentioned how very, very much I love my Mama? Because I do. More than words could adequately describe.

You see, my Mama is the strongest, bravest person that I know. She faces the world every day with a determination, grace, and abundant love that I hope to one day encompass in my own life. She stands beside so many, and takes on their battles alongside her own. She reaches out her hands to grasp those in need, even when hers seem impossibly full. But she always makes room. She always has time to listen to her 18 year old talk her way through the world as she tries and tries to make some sense of it all. She pours and pours and pours into 22 beautiful little souls every day for 180 days, and then she gains a new 22 and begins all over again. She holds the hand of her 11 year old cancer patient child, and never leaves her side. She is strong for me, when I simply have nothing left to give. She believes in God with all her heart, and she personifies what it means to be His and to love Him wholly.

And I got lucky enough to have her.

Happy Birthday, sweet Mama of mine. I love you more than words.

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. that is so beautiful and a wonderful portrayal of a wonderful woman..
    happy birthday to your mom..
    visiting from five minute friday and will be back to read more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to have stopped by today! This most was so moving. I miss my mom too and can't wait to see her in April. I pray these next two weeks speed by for you. Thank you for sharing your mom with us. She is lucky to have you as a daughter to rise up and call her blessed. Have a great weekend! ~osheta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment