Five Minute Friday

Five minutes to free-write. No script, no editing. Just real.

Today's Topic: Afriad

Go.

Walking to class today was a little bit tricky as the snow and ice made the path quite treacherous. One wrong step and you are flat on the ground in front of the whole world.

That's really exactly how I feel about life most days. One wrong step and I'll bust my tail and slide down the hill. I know it's not necessarily true, but still. It's scary.

But if you live your life so as to never place yourself in a tricky situation where you may fall, are you really even living? No.

Lately I've begun to develop a habit. Whenever something happens that I don't understand, or I feel lost and afraid, I whisper to myself "I trust You, Jesus." It's not much, and sometimes I have to whisper it a few times before it really sinks in. He is in control. I should not be afraid.

It's time to take that step, risk the fall, and ultimately know that He is in control. I trust Him. I need not be afraid.

Stop.

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Amen!!! So much of this world is clamoring for a piece of our fear... a piece of our hearts and daily lives... but when we turn to Jesus... what really is left to fear? Because He makes all things good. Blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, and so true! Blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the reminder, to trust Jesus.
    That is when we grow, those times when we take the scary step and trust Him to hold us up.
    You have a lovely writing style - I enjoyed your words today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a wonderful metaphor between living our lives too fearfully and walking on icy concrete. As a Southerner who has moved to Boston seven years ago, I remember that first winter where I fell on my bum nearly evey time I went out. So that illustration was to poignant for me. Thanks for a lovely reminder. Beautiful writing! So glad I found you from FMF.

    Osheta Moore
    http://osheta.blogspot.com/2013/02/five-minute-friday-crazy-jesus-werent.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment