A Little Bit of Me.

Hey.

So, I occasionally do a little 'about me' on here. I think it's fun to read back on later and see how much things have changed in my life over the years. Without further ado, here is a list of things about me, in no particular order, much like my brain.

1. My name is Sarah.
2. I am eighteen years old.
3. I attend App State, and I am a freshman.
4. I have a wonderful roommate that is currently still asleep in her bed.
5. I am obsessed with quotes and quotes and quotes.
6. I have purple streaks in my hair and I love them very much.
7. I have a big love for owls.
8. I love to read. All the time.
9. Music is my total constant, and is there for me no matter what happens.
10. I am in love, in awe, and enthralled by a God who never gives up on me.
11. I am in the process of learning how to be thankful in all things.
12. My favorite place in the world is Arnoldsburg, WV.
13. I play the trumpet in the marching band, and I was drum major for two years in high school.
14. Dancing is my passion, and the thing that gets me through so much of the day sometimes. I studio danced for 14 years, and now I teach cardio dance here at ASU.
15. I love to watch movies, especially disney movies. My favorite is The Little Mermaid.
16. Sometimes, I shut down to handle things. I know it's not the healthiest thing in the world, but sometimes it is necessary. If that happens, just be patient with me. I'll always come back, I promise.
17. My birthday is June 17.
18. I feel things with all of me, which can be both a blessing and a curse. But I like it much better than feeling nothing at all.
19. I volunteer with a group of special needs students in Hickory, and I tutor two special needs scholars at App. They make my whole world so much brighter.
20. I think that love is for fairy tales, and for the lucky. And I don't really tend to fit into either category. But, I'm okay with it. Really.
21. Pizza is a food group. Always.
22. I want to teach elementary school one day, and then maybe move forward into Childlife specialty.
23. I have a tumblr, and I spend far too much time on it. But I love it.
24. I deleted my facebook three weeks ago, and I am going to continue to go without it through lent season. I am loving not having it so much, though, that I may not ever get it back.
25. I love photography, and I aspire to be a photographer one day. Just as a little side job. There is nothing more amazing than being able to capture and borrow a piece of the world's beauty for a while.
26. Stars amaze me, and I can literally spend hours and hours looking up at the night sky and never get bored.
27. My favorite food is cookiedough. I also love japanese food. And bojangles. And I especially love gummy things. Like haribo gummy bears.
28. I can't sing at all, but I do it all the time. It makes me really happy. Especially on summer days, with the car windows rolled down. Bliss.
29. I have seven total piercings. Six in my ears, and my nose. I love them. Which probably sounds weird, but whatever.
30. To borrow from Ellen: If I'm not between a 3 and 7 on the emotional scale, I'm crying.
31. I love gLee, the Office, New Girl, Phineas and Ferb, and pretty much all disney shows.
32. I've had several surgeries on my ears to basically reconstruct the entire inside, and now I wear two hearing aids.
33. I have an awesome team of doctors. I love all of them like they are family.
34. I wear a lot of bracelets and each of them connects me to someone somehow. I love them and I feel naked when I don't have them on.
35. I had a complete thyroidectomy when I was 11. My six-year mark is just around the corner.
36. My favorite colors are purple, teal, and green.
37. Have I mentioned that I'm in love with Jesus? Because I am. So, so in love. I have this amazing devotional to do every day called 'Jesus calling'. And I crave more and more of Him every time I read!
38. I. Love. Sleep.
39. I wish I could wear a sun dress every single day. I love dresses so much more than pants.
40. I'm really emotionally scarred. I'm doing better, and I've gotten a lot of help, but there are still some really bad days. I'm doing the best that I can and I'm learning better how to cope with the bad days, but sometimes it's just really hard.
41. I love salad. And I love ranch and italian and honey mustard and vinegrette and so much more.
42. My favorite thing about pictures is that they never change, even when the people in them do.
43. I am just looking for one person who won't walk away.
44. I can't ever get my eyeliner to match.
45. I love love love corny jokes. Like, I can laugh for hours at a joke like this? "What time is it if you have to go to the dentist?" "tooth-hurty!" BAHAHAHA! Get it? Like 2:30? ahahahaha!
46. Kids are my joy and I miss the group of first graders that I interned with last year, as well as my little Bell, and all my WVA kids, and my RBMS Amigos. I know a lot of kids.
47. I make it my goal that no one feels like they are alone while I am around. I hate that feeling more than anything, and so I don't want anyone else to have to experience it.
48. I am a night owl. I solve world problems best at 3am.
49. I hate math. I also do not really like science that much. But I especially hate math. Hate hate haaaate.
50. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on youtube in my life. I LOVE watching stupid videos. And they never stop making me laugh.
51. I am deathly afraid of cats. The one cat I loved in the world had to be put down last week. It was so sad. That was the end of my relationship with felines.
52. I love to eat ice cream out of the carton.
53. My Nana is my best friend in the entire world. I love her more than anything.
54. My other best friend is named Sarah as well and we have more in common than could just be a coincidence. She's definitely the better half of me.
55. "On a scale of one to over trusting, I am pretty dang naive."
56. I have one biological sister, Emma, who is 4 years younger than me. I have two adopted older sisters, though one of them is basically my twin.
57. Getting mail is my most favorite thing ever.
58. My first concert was Elton John and Billy Joel.
59. I love the smells of bonfires, fresh cut grass, brownies baking, Sams club, and sunscreen.
60. Rainy days are some of my most favorite days. I LOVE rain.
61. Pinky promises mean the world to me. Literally. If you break a pinky promise, we will not be friends anymore.
62. I have the best mentor in the whole world. She has invested in me like no one else, and I can never thank her enough. She is beautiful and wonderful and I am so thankful for her presence in my life.
63. Getting dressed up is one of my favorite things in the world. I miss prom. Haha.
64. I am a big hugger. Hugs make me so happy!
65. My favorite real-people movie is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Even though I cry every time.
66. I hate PDA. I think it is revolting.
67. My favorite book is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. But really I love anything that John Green writes. You should read all of his stuff too. And check out his youtube channel. It's hilarious.
68. I hate odd numbers.
69. I love my dogs. We have three: Sandy (my dog, 12 years old), Dexter (our family mutt doggie, whom I love and miss so much!), and Allie, the newest addition, and my sister's dog.
70. I'm really just a mess. But I love this world, and though it is ugly sometimes, it is beautiful. And I'm doing my best to live each and every day to its fullest potential.

Well, I hope that didn't bore you too terribly much! I hope you are all well and I am praying for you!!

Love,
Sarah

Comments