02.26.13

Lists:

Things I need to do today:
1. Get dressed
2. Go to class
3. Hang out with and tutor my awesome SDAP friend
4. Read book
5. Get chickfila
6. Write English essay
7. Buy milk
8. Go to church
9. Study for History test tomorrow
10. Write letter back

Things I need to study for:
1. History test tomorrow
2. Geography test next Wednesday
3. Biology test next Tuesday
4. Other History test next Friday
5. History test on States and capitals

Things that make me really happy:
1. Dancing
2. Reading books
3. Drinking tea
4. Watching movies
5. Working out
6. Bracelets
7. Being alone; solitude
8. Doodling
9. Worship
10. Quotes

Things I want to do:
1. Visit places all over the world.
2. Write a book
3. Make a difference in someone's life
4. See cancer stop existing
5. Have a bird
6. Be a teacher
7. Be a princess at Disney World
8. Get a tattoo
9. Do something important enough to have people remember me
10. Live long enough to find my place in the world.

Things I learned from books:
1. That things change, friends leave, and life doesn't stop for anyone.
2. That pain demands to be felt.
3. That Eucharisteo always precedes the miracle.
4. That sometimes happiness is really unexpected.
5. That leaving is the hardest thing in the world, until you leave.
6. That you should never let something else control your life. You control your life.
7. That maybe love isn't meant to be forever, and maybe that's okay.
8. That being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect...
9. That the past can hurt, but you can either run from it or learn from it.
10. That it hurts because it's real... it hurts because it mattered.

Things I'm learning in general:
1. That just because the song eventually ends, doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy the music.
2. That being alone and being lonely are far from synonymous. 
3. That love is like China for me. 
4. That I'll be okay, I just need some time.
5. That dancing is always a good decision. Always.
6. That a few kind words to and from someone can make a world of difference.
7. That sometimes you just need someone to tell you that you aren't as terrible as you think you are.
8. That nothing in the whole world can be as good as having a best friend. Especially one like mine.
9. That maybe you have to live for the small things in a day, like someone complimenting you or picking up something you dropped, and make that count for more than the bad things.
10. That time moves really, really fast. And if you don't take a minute to look around every now and then, you may just miss out on the beautiful things. 

Things I could always use:
1. A hug.
2. A letter.
3. A word.
4. A new book.
5. A surprise.
6. A picture.
7. A comment.
8. A prayer.
9. A friend.
10. A smile.

Things about me:
1. I really, really like owls.
2. Purple is my favorite color.
3. I love to dance.
4. I love Jesus.
5. Pinky promises mean the world to me.
6. I promise I'll never leave you alone to face the world.
7. I am a really good hugger.
8. Sometimes I just need to not talk to anyone, and that's okay.
9. Just don't give up on me. I'll make it, I swear I will.
10. I'm a big quote fanatic. Give me a good quote, and we'll be best friends.

Things I hope you know:
1. You are so, so amazing. Just look at yourself for a minute. Amazing.
2. You are never, ever alone. I know you may get lonely, but my hand is here. Just reach out and grasp it.
3. Your attitude is, in a large part, your choice. Choose wisely.
4. Never ever take for granted what you have been given. Always be thankful.
5. You are perfect just the way you are, but it never hurts to try to be just a little bit better than the person you were yesterday.
6. One binge meal will not ruin your whole body. Sometimes it is okay to just eat pizza and ice cream.
7. It's okay to cry. It's perfect, actually, and it's completely and totally human. Don't be afraid to let yourself feel things. 
8. Don't minimize your pain. You aren't doing anyone any favors. It hurts because it's real, and you need to acknowledge that. Never be afraid to ask for help. Everyone needs a hand sometimes.
9. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
10. You are very, very, VERY much loved. And the world needs you. I need you. Always.

Remember: Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls. 

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Good morning! Things always awaiting: open arms when needed, poems falling from the sky and mouths of owls in the owlish hours-I've heard them, ships and shoes and sealing wax and bandaids for each bruise, purple is a favorite color of others too-along with green and blue. a little fluffy pup skitting about my feet as I speak she'd like to dance with you. and amazing teacher you already are and those taught by you are blessed always in all ways, you've support even when it does not seem it, life gets in the way at times and others lose track of it beneath a sea of paperwork and tuggings at their sleeves. there's a purple winged wondrous light around you.kzb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment