02.23.13

I think that humans are amazing.

Don't you think so?

I love to watch people. I know that sounds kinda creepy, but it really isn't like that. It's more like that I love to watch people in their honest moments when they don't think that anyone is watching them.

Like when they are hard at work at something, and their entire faces are focused. Or when they are staring off into space, lost in thought. I love the look in someone's eyes when they first wake up and are not quite sure about where they are. Or the deep sigh given at the end of a long day of work. I love the heart moments when tears roll down cheeks and cleanse hearts, and makeup smears. I love the way people get this light about them when they talk about something that they are passionate about. And the stars that fill their eyes when they realize they are in love. Laughs that ring across the room, people enjoying people. Unmade beds and messy hair, perfect in imperfection. Taking the first bite of their favorite food and the bliss that follows. The small lip movements as someone sings a song stuck in their head, or sing along to their car radio. The little half-smiles that people get when they read a text message that made them happy. The way people's arms tighten right before they release a hug. I love people in their imperfection so much more than the false fronts that many try to put forward. The everyday moments of this life are what truly take my breath away.

Humans are just so beautiful. I am very, very lucky to be a member of this race.

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. And we're very, very lucky to have you. Thanks as always for your words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment