02.19.13

Hello, dear one.

Can I possibly have your ear for a moment? Or maybe even your hand? Or your arms around me as a hug?

I desperately need someone today.

Today has been difficult so far. I have gone to my well to drink, simply to find it empty. And I feel so hollow, so... just empty. Today is a tough one for me to get through, and I need you. Please come along side me. Please, don't let me face this day alone.

And then I got my daily (in)courage email. And I am in tears. It could not have been more perfect, the words whispered straight into my heart. I wanted to cry. A drop of water on my oh so thirsty heart. It touched me so much today, that I want to share it with you. I hope maybe, just maybe, you need it, too.

Forgive

Did you know it's possible to waste away from a broken heart? I had heard this before, but never thought it was in fact, possible.

I was wrong.

As much as I wish I wasn't, I'm witnessing it happen to someone who I love dearly. She's only a few miles away from me, but so far beyond my reach.

This pain and bitterness of a life that wasn't has crept in and taken a hold on the heart that was. She desires to be better, to get well, but she can't let go of her dreams that weren't. The damage is profound.

She has lost faith in the things that were once significant to her. She is a shell of the person she used to be- hollowed by the ones who have hurt her deeply.

Can you relate?

Maybe it's the person who cut you off in traffic this morning. Or possibly, it's the one who made an offensive comment that severed a friendship. Or perhaps your pain goes deeper. Maybe it's the husband who left one night, and didn't come back. Or, it's the father who missed too many dance recitals. Or, the mother who spoke one too many promises she couldn't keep.

I encourage you to let it go.

People will disappoint you in this lifetime- they are not perfect. They cannot be, for there is only room for one perfect One. He asks us to forgive as He forgave us.

Will you listen before it's too late?

Don't let life's disappointments consume you because they will. I know because I've seen her consumed.

The hurt and resentment build up and the wounds won't heal. It is so hard to come back from this. I know because I've seen her try.

Go to Him and pray for a heart that forgives. You can change your outlook on life and your feelings toward people. I know because it happened to me. I know it can happen to her.

I pray for the one's who have been let down by this life. There is hope for the hopeless, and I pray you run toward it in anticipation. Fall on your knees in prayer- pray for those who cut you off in traffic, for those who have said unkind words, for those who left and didn't come back, and for those who couldn't keep their promises. I pray you forgive them and know true peace- the peace that only HE can bring.

As far as she goes, it is my unrelenting prayer that she comes back. I have faith that she will- He has not given up on her, and never will.

Many Blessings.

-Julie Rees

My sweet friends, I am asking a favor of you today. Will you please pray for me? And if you read this, and you're close enough, will you pray with me? I need a hug so very much. I have seen prayer work, and I believe in it completely. Will you join me? I appreciate you so much.

Love,

Sarah

Comments

  1. I'm praying for you and hoping your day gets better. Do not be afraid because He is with you always. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned the importance of extending grace to others because I have learned even more so that I am going to absolutely blow it and need their grace even more. No matter how much we fight against it, we are all just flesh and blood and doing the best we can. It helps when I remember that we are not fighting against flesh and blood but against principalities and evil (Eph. 6:12). Know this (and repeat it to yourself anytime it's necessary) You are loved. You are created to be EXACTLY the person that you are. You have a purpose and a plan that is God given and that will be for your good and more importantly, for HIS Glory. You are valued. You are worthwhile. You are held.

    Love you, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear, dear Sarah,

    You had me from the first three words.

    Yes, dear one, I will pray for you, even now, hours and more than a day after you've asked. I know the heart that is torn and still trying to beat; I know the cycles of hope and despair and hope again. Persevere, beloved; even when you must stop and rest (or curl up and hide), He watches over you and you are never out of His hand or His sight.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very special to me. God is amazing in the way he brings people into your life that you desperately need, even though you never really knew that you needed them before. Thank you, so much, for being. I am so honored to call you my new friend.

      Delete

Post a Comment