2013 Goals.

I always set goals at the beginning of the year because I think it's good to have a concrete list to look at for what you are aiming for. In making these goals, though, I am well aware that I may not reach them all, which brings me to my list: Goals of 2013.

1. Don't be too terribly upset with myself if I don't exactly attain all of these goals, but strive for them in completeness never the less.

2. Really let my motto for the year sink in: Hakuna Matata! It means no worries... (: What's the use of worrying, really? There is none. So, I resolve to live by Hakuna Matata, repeating it to myself constantly until it really sinks in. "It means no worries, for the rest of your days. It's a problem free philosophy, Hakuna Matata!"

3. Be present in the moment. Live life in the right-now. Enjoy.

4. Love an insane amount. Love isn't about self-gain, and when you take the selfish motive out of loving, then it becomes even more amazing. Love with all I have.

5. Find a community and surround myself with those that will lift me up. Study and hold myself accountable. Allow myself to be taught before I teach others. Allow myself to be filled, and forgiven.

6. Forgive. Forgiveness is for yourself. Your burden weighs you down, not the person that you are holding resentment against. Just you. So cut it off, leave it. It's not for you to carry anyways.

7. Play an active role in my life. Follow my dreams head first. I am so tired of hearing people say that their plans are not their own. I totally believe that God has a plan, don't get me wrong. But I also fully believe that His plan includes free will. Sure, pray over decisions before you make them, but make them with purpose and pursue relentlessly. If it isn't meant to be, then it simply won't be. But go for it. Go after what it is you want, and make crap happen. You don't get a do-over on life.

8. Be straight-up. Let people know how I am, and accept help when I need it. I want to stop being afraid to be human. I want to fully grow into the human experience.

9. Invest in others more deeply. Invest time, love, and energy into relationships. Never give up on anyone, no matter what.

10. Spend less time in the cyber world. I want to pick a day of the week to unplug every week (well, as much as possible with schoolwork so heavily relying on the computer now a days). And I want to spend more time creating and reading!

11. Work out more, and eat better. I want to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I don't want to do it for weight loss, though that would be excellent if it happened! I want to do these things BECAUSE I love my body, not IN ORDER TO love my body! I already love it. It does some amazing things! I want to take care of it, so that it can continue to take care of me!

12. Be the best 'me' I can be. Strive to be better than the person I was yesterday. Live every single day as though it were my last, and so that, if a picture were to be taken at random, it would be a pretty cool picture!


Well, those are the main 12. I'm counting on you to hold me accountable. Thanks guys! I love you dearly. Here's to new beginnings!

*Psssssst! I changed the blog around. New year, new stuff coming up. What do you think?!*

Sarah.

Comments