01.30.13

Hello, friends.


So, it has been a bit of a rough week for me. I've basically laid in bed and done nothing of consequence. All. Week. Long.

For those of you that know me, you know this is driving me absolutely insane. But I'm really, really sick. I'm a bit better today tha I have been, but I am by no means ready to go run a mile or anything. I'm mostly able to get up without using every ounce of energy that I have left. Which, trust me, is a big improvement from Monday.

Be still and know...

This little phrase keeps sneaking its way into my mind and life this week. I'm generally very bad at being still. I want to go and move and do and be. Sitting still seems like such a waste of time to me. I want to be productive. But this week, I am taking this sick time to do exactly what I'm bad at. I'm being still. I honestly think this is kind of God's way to make me stay still. He knew I needed to rest. And be still and spend time only in his presence.

Monday I went to Health Services here on campus after an entire morning of being completely miserable. I arrived at around 12:30 and didn't leave until 5:30 that evening. I ended up being severely dehydrated due to the stomach bug that had attacked me all morning, along with the residual sinus infection and severe bronchitis that was borderline pneumonia. So I needed to get IV fluids. It took the nurses five different attempts before they finally got a needle to stay in my little bitty veins, and once it was in, I couldn't move my arm because they were afraid that the needle would come back out. It was sitting in that room with a needle in my hand, giving me the fluids I needed so desperately, that the realization hit me. Getting that IV was exactly like getting the time I needed with Jesus. I get dried up, sick, and broken all the time. When that happens, I need to insert the needle and sit still while He fills me with exactly what I need. So, until this concoction of illnesses leaves my body, I'll be right here. Still.

Love,
Sarah

Comments