Just a 2012 Survey (:

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?

I did many things this year that I'd never done before. I said goodbyes to people I had known for as long as I could remember. I lived on my own for a few months. I set goals and I achieved them. It was a lovely year.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't keep all of them. I kept several, though, and for that I am proud. But I will definitely be setting new goals for myself. I am facing 2013 with a new outlook on life, and I'm excited to get going!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Eh. No one that was super close to me, no. But I had some acquaintances who delivered beautiful lives into the world!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, and for that I am more than thankful.

5. What countries did you visit?

I stayed in the good ol' USA! Though, sometimes, Boone can feel like another country!

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?

I'd like to really fall in love with life, and be more content with myself. I want to live more in the moment, and spend less time trying to plan everything out.

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

February 22- HG Family surprised me and covered me with love!
February 23- I reached 5 years cancer free!
March 21- Decided to attend ASU!
May 7- Senior Prom!
June 9- Graduation day!
June 17- 18th birthday!
August 12- moved into college!
October 30- First Boone Snow!
November 6- I voted in my first ever election!
December 14- Last day of my first semester of college!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I think for this, I would have to say that my biggest achievement was surviving. Life flipped itself upside down for me this year, and there were so many days when I really didn't know if I would live to see 2013. But here I am, and I couldn't be more thankful for those who helped me get here.

9. What was your biggest failure?

I didn't love as much as I should have. I spent a lot of time selfishly this year, and next year I want to spend more time investing in others and less time focusing on myself.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing major! Which, if you know me at all, you know how big of a deal that is!!!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My art supplies. I discovered a new found love for art that I didn't know I had and I'm so thankful to have that outlet now!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Those that stuck it out with me. The people who knew me in the middle of the hardest time of my life, and helped me through it. Those people who didn't give up on me when I deserved to be left completely alone. They know who they are. Those people who stood beside me when a lot of the world left. I will never be able to repay you for how thankful I am.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled?

Sadly, several people. But it was a good reminder that we are human. And that people will let you down. You just have to choose which relationships are worth mending and which ones aren't. And there were several that I had to cut this year, but I'm a better person for it.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Appalachian State University.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Graduating High School. My last dance recital. The day they told me that Nana was coming home from the hospital. Meeting my roommate. Keeping my 4.0. Getting hired to teach group fitness next semester. My surprise love-feast at HG. Coming back to visit HG after being gone to Boone. Getting my whole Thanksgiving. My first Boone snow day. And a lot more (: I'm easily excitable. Haha!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?

SO cheesy. But Tattoos on this town (:

17. Compared to this time last year, are you (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?

(a) I'm not sure. I think, about the same. But definitely a lot less apprehensive at the year to come!
(b) THINNER! I have worked so hard this year to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and I am SO proud of myself for achieving my goal. I am going to kick off the new year right with a few more goals that relate to my fitness!
(c) About the same. Haha college kids aren't known for their copious amounts of money!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Lived in the moment. Spent time with people who mean the world to me. Laughed.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Worry. Try to plan out so many things. Experience life from the sidelines.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With those that mean the most gathered in our home!

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?

I did. With so many things and people. I fell in love with a full life.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I love gLee. But I also love New Girl, The Mindy Project, Ben and Kate, and SYTYCD.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year?

Nah. Hate is overrated. Forgiveness is for you.

24. What was the best book you read?

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Go read it right now if you haven't.
(I also read Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines, Will Grayson Will Grayson, Let it Snow, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Along for the Ride, And Harry Potter books 1-4. I recommend ALL of them!)

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Ed Sheeran.

26. What did you want and get?

Someone to care about me, and accept me, flaws and all. I got some wonderful sisters who do just that. They know who they are too.

27. What did you want and not get?

A forever love. But I'm ultimately glad that I didn't get it. Because I now realize that I don't even want that! I'm excited at the prospect of beginning life on my own!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Somewhere between Brave and Joyful Noise.

29. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Hickory Girls Fitness. Through them, I gained a positive self image, a family that is irreplaceable, and a healthier life, both physically and mentally. Without them, I wouldn't be entering 2013.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?

You Are Lucky That I'm Not In My Pajamas.

31. What kept you sane?

HG. My friends. My family.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most.

Ed Sheeran.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?

It was an Election year, so what didn't stir me?! Mostly, the fact that our economy is terrible and my chances of finding a job in a few years are not so great if we don't fix it, yet we continue to make gay rights the topic of our debates.

34. Who did you miss?

The list could go on for days. The thing is that once you are a part of my life, you will always be, and a part of me will always hope you are doing well, and miss you being here.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

That things change, friends leave, and life doesn't stop for anybody. That you don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do get a say in who hurts you, and I like my choices. That it hurts because it mattered. That you're never, ever, alone.

36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always shine again, and it's a circle circling around again, it comes around again. & you gotta keep your head up, and you can let your hair down. You gotta keep your head up, and you can let your hair down. I know it's hard, I know it's hard to remember sometimes, but you gotta keep your head up, and you can let your hair down ♥


Love,
Sarah

Comments