03.20.12

It rained today.

You know the kind of rain I'm talking about? The good, soaking, healing kind. The kind that makes you want to sit in your car and look out, pretending you're in a sad movie. The kind that kisses the earth so sweetly it makes you want to sigh.

I absolutely adore the rain.

There's just something about a rainy day that makes the world seem a little softer... a little quieter... a little slower. We go so fast, all the time, rushing from one thing to the next without hardly even a breath in between... and the rain brings us back from that. It gives us a moment of peace... a moment to breathe in the heavy, beautiful scent it brings, and to rest. It makes the problems that I have seem much less pressing and difficult.

Rain has this way of washing away everything if you let it.

And I love that. All the ugly, the stains, the dirt, the filth, the worry, the hurt... rain can just take it away somehow. It's like God's little whisper of "here, babygirl, let me wash you off. You've gotten awfully muddy out there this time, haven't you?" I can just see him leaning down, a little half-smile on his face as he cleans his child. It must bring him so much joy, and I love that.

Today, as I walked, barefooted, through puddles of water with those sweet drops kissing my skin, it was like the sweetest reminder. The reminder that He makes all things new, including me. That the bad, the ugly, the hurt... that it's not here forever. That it won't last any longer than the night, and that in the morning, joy will come again. I was reminded that I needed to slow down a bit, and enjoy the slow-moving, lazy drops running down my windowpane. And most importantly...

You can't have a rainbow, without a little rain. ♥

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. You can't have a rainbow, without a little rain. ♥

    loved this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment