Psssst. I have a secret.
I've always struggled with my health.
Phew! Sure does feel great to get that off my chest. Now, why am I telling you this, you ask?
Because I'm done with it. I'm done with the unhealthy me.
That's right! I'm getting fit, and I'm doing it now. There's no better time than the present right? As I embark on this journey, because that is fully what this will be, I want to lay out some fundamental rules for myself to follow. And I want to post this for the entire world to see, because I need your help.
I need you to keep me accountable.
Okay? Please, please, please. I'm only a step above begging at this point. Call me out on my unhealthy habits. Tell me to put the brownie down and step away from the cake. Tell me that water is a lovely alternative for whatever beverage that I may be consuming at the moment. If I miss a workout (this mostly applies to my Zumba friends), call me out on it. Make sure I did something to compensate for my absence at class. I'm not very good at being self-motivated, so I'm going to need a ton of help. I'm serious, it may take an army. But I want each and every one of you to stay on my butt!
So, here are my rules... or guidelines, really. Thank you in advance for all of your help!
1. Don't forget my worth. Who I am is not defined by a body shape or number on a scale. Who I am is so much more than those things, and I am worthy.
2. Don't be negative. Mind and body are connected, so be nice!
3. Go all out, even when I don't necessarily feel like it. You won't regret the feeling that comes after an awesome workout.
4. Stop making excuses. I'm not too tired, and I do have time.
5. Eat to nourish my body. Stop filling it with crap and empty calories. And snack with healthy snacks!
6. Don't get discouraged with a plateau. My body has to take time to adjust to the new routine, and regardless of the numbers, inches or pounds, I am still moving towards a healthier lifestyle.
7. Don't get frustrated when I do slip up. It's going to happen. Don't call it quits when it does, but use it as a platform to keep pushing myself forward.
8. It took more than a day to put this weight on, and it's going to take more than a day to get it off. Keep moving forward, because each baby step in the right direction counts.
9. EXERCISE. Do something I love to do, and do it often. Like Zumba! And Dance! And weight lifting!
10. Encourage and allow myself to be encouraged by others that are walking this journey alongside me. We CAN do this... and we WILL do this!!
So, there you have it. These are small, but they are only a beginning! I hope that you'll join me on this journey, and I really would appreciate your help as I walk this road! Do you guys have any more tips? Anything that will help me out? What do you do to get healthy?
Thanks! Love you guys!!