02.06.12

I've spent so long feeling worthless.

Do you know what that feels like? To feel like you are of less worth than a penny in a mud puddle? It's a scary place to be. For several years, I consistently had someone whispering in my ear how worthless I was... how I would never fall in love with anyone, because who in their right mind would want to love a person like me, right? Satan is a crafty person, and he's good at his job. He knows how to break your heart. He's good at telling me that I am worth so much less than I am.

Society has made things so complicated now. People think that they must be a size zero with a big smile that proves that they are perpetually happy to be anything at all. But you know what? That's crap. And that's why the world gets so messy sometimes. People are sad, but they don't cry. People are angry, but they don't scream. People are broken, but they smile like nothing is wrong. People are normal sized, but they quit eating to become ultra thin and try to attain what they perceive as the 'perfect image'. Why the heck is that? We were created in the image of GOD. THE God. The holy, righteous, amazing, all-powerful, creator of the universe, healing, moving God. How dare we say that any part of who we are and how we look isn't correct. God has purposed every single part of who we are, including our emotions. It drives me insane to see all of these people walking around with their broken eyes, hiding behind these fake smiles. Regardless of if you're smiling or not, your eyes reveal a lot about who you are. And even though the brokenness is obvious, no one takes the time to stop and care for one another. We're all so busy pursuing things that will ultimately bring no satisfaction. Trust me, you won't remember that mocha frapp nearly as much as you'll remember the time that you were there for someone who needed you. Don't be afraid to be vulnerable. I know that's so much easier said than done, but it is so worth it! Be willing to show all of who you are sometimes, mess and all, because you never know who may need to know that they're not alone in this crazy ride called life. If you're mad, scream. If you're sad, cry and eat ice cream. It's okay. I promise.

Now, I know a lot of that was just rambling. But I want to tie everything up by saying this: God is crazy about you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, and purposed for an amazing story. Yours is a story that none can replicate, and it's special because God wrote it especially for you. Don't let someone make you feel worthless like me. Because trust me, you are SO worth it. Anyone who doesn't see how much you're worth must be completely blind. Trust HIS word, today, and know that God is all about loving on you just as you are right this moment. He is crazy about you, and He holds you right next to His heart. Banish those lies that say otherwise.

I'm not just preaching to you, though, my dear readers. I'm equally preaching to myself. Together, we can do this. Let me know if there really are any of you out there! And, if you want, we can most definitely hold each other accountable! Let's take Him at His word and believe in our worth today.

You. Are. Not. Worthless.
You. Are. LOVED.

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Thank you. I really needed to be reminded of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for writing this! It was word for word exactly what I needed. God has truly blessed you with an incredible act to shed light into people's lives. Thank you so much for writing this, you have no idea what it means to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for those inspiring words. May I use this blog entry with a young ladies bible study that I am teaching at Providence Baptist Church. The study is The Lies that Young Woman Believe. We have about 12 girls from our youth that are meeting on Thursday nights to discuss topics like this. Would you be willing to come and share one Thursday night?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, you may use it!! Unfortunately, I take a class on Thursday nights. But feel free to use whatever you may need! (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment