01.07.12

So I lied. My next post isn't about my bucket list. Those are coming, though, I pinky. I just have to work out a few more details.

I've gotten a few new followers lately (Hi guys!), so I just wanted to give you a bit of a fair warning as to what you've gotten yourself into. I've done a few 'About Me' posts before, and it amuses me how each one is a bit different. It's fun to chronicle how I've changed over the course of having this lovely little blog! I was thinking the other day... what if my blog were to just shut down one day? I think I would positively loose it. I've formed an attachment to this thing! Without further ado: Me, as of January seventh, two thousand and twelve.

My name is Sarah. I'm a Senior in High school. I'm a big band nerd. Music is my constant, actually. It's there for me on those sleepless nights when no one else seems to be. I dance pretty much nonstop. I studio dance for 4-5 hours a week, and I also go to Zumba 2-3 times a week. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love to escape from reality, however that may be. Be it through dancing, or watching movies, or reading, or writing (but not stupid/harmful things). It's fun to get away from the world for a bit. I find the world to be a bit overwhelming at times, and when I get that way, I pretty much stay to myself for a while. I pull back a lot. If I do this around you, just know that doesn't mean I love you any less, it just means that I need some time. I am really sensitive and emotional, and I feel things really strongly. I'm mostly extremes, which can be exhausting and exasperating, but also thrilling and breathtaking. Even though I'm a senior, I have no idea where I want to attend college or what I want to do with my life. Shocking, I know. Trust me. No, I'm not dating anyone, and that's not a big surprise like most people seem to think. It's perfectly normal to be single at 17. I love love love any and all Disney related things, but especially Disney Princesses. My favorites are Ariel, Tiana, and Repunzel. I also love Mulan. Ever since I made my tumblr, I have become even more of a quote addict. I have probably collected over a thousand quotes over the years and I adore each of them, and now my collection is growing exponentially! I love cookie dough and moose tracks ice cream. I could eat gummy bears all day, every day. I love to sing really loudly in my car with my radio cranked up loud. I wear two hearing aids. I have a scar at the base of my neck from a complete thyroidectomy when I was eleven years old. But I mostly tell people that a shark tried to bite my head off. I love Phineas and Ferb, New Girl, gLee, Raising Hope, and Good Luck Charlie. I cried when many of the great disney channel shows left the air. I'm an emotional mess about 85% of the time. I cry at sad commercials and love stories. I wish I were better at visual art. I think it's amazing that people can create with their hands like that. I adore the feeling of having a camera in my hands, and I could shoot endlessly for days and days on end. I think black and white is beautiful, but I also love colors. I'm a little obsessed with Owls, and bracelets. I wear about sixty million of them. I want two tattoos one day: an infinity symbol that says always and forever on my rib cage, and a treble/bass clef heart on my opposite hip. If I do end up getting married, which I highly doubt I will, I think it would be cute to get an infinity symbol underneath my wedding band along with my husband. So sweet. I also want to get a third piercing on my right ear lobe. I adore sleep entirely too much and nothing makes me happier than a warm spring day. I love sun dresses. I have a purple streak in my hair and I adore it. I'm thinking of getting a green one as well. And possibly pink. Who knows. I've been through a lot emotionally that people don't really know about, but it has made me so much stronger than I ever have been in the past. I student teach sixth grade girls in Sunday School at my church. They're really sweet kids. I have a hard time accepting that I'm not okay sometimes, and therefore I don't talk about it when something is wrong very often. I'm trying to change that. It ticks me off how society has made it to where people are scared to show how they feel. That's crap. That's a soapbox for another day. I like to eat ranch or italian dressing on my salad and I could eat bojangles supremes every single day. And japanese food. I love japanese food. I'm from the south, so sweet tea is as much of a staple as milk in my house. Pancakes make me happy regardless of the time of day. Now I'm hungry. I just got an iphone, and I love it. I'm more than a bit of a technology addict, I rely on it pretty heavily. I'm obsessed with purple. I have no idea how to properly use eyeliner, and I really need someone to teach me. I want to enter into a formal mentor relationship, but I'm still looking for a mentor. I'm a hopeless romantic, and I fully believe in fairy tales and happy endings. I find corny kids jokes hilarious. I'm not hard to read... my heart is basically on my sleeve 24/7. I would like to think that I have some sort of writing talent, but I probably really don't. Oh well, it's fun anyway! I don't half-way do relationships- I invest everything I can into the people I love. And even the people I don't love sometimes. I just don't want anyone to feel alone if I can help it. I know that feeling all too well, and it sucks. I love kids, and working with kids, and hanging out with kids. They're hilarious and most definitely candid. I wish that I could get a mustache tattooed on my finger, but I'm not gutsy enough. I solve the worlds problems at 3am. Good morning text messages make my whole day brighter. Words of affirmation is one of my love languages. I crave acceptance and depth. I am trying to break the habit I have of sleeping on my stomach, because it's bad for your back. I am at the doctors office far too much. I love my radiologist with my whole heart, she's a sweetheart! I love people so much. I want to get to know and have the ability to invest in as many people as possible during my life. Maybe I'll write a book or something, who knows! I'm terrible at math and I can never remember how to spell necessarily, or how to say cinnamon. I always say cimonin. I have a very weird viewpoint on many issues. I get along with adults better than people in high school. I love to journal. Youtube makes me laugh. There are some dumb people in this world, there's no way around it. I'm scared of cats, but I'm working on that too. I have never been in love, and I don't plan on it. Ever. Too much risky business. I love playing jazz music. I never made connections with people until recently because I was always afraid. I have a short fuze sometimes, and sometimes I eat ice cream out of the carton. I don't have a two a.m. right now, but that's mostly because I shut the world off. I'm learning how to function on my own. God is first, in and for everything. Don't believe me? Let me tell you my story sometime, then you will, I promise. If it weren't for the amazing miracle he pulled me through, I wouldn't believe it either. Blogger is a very fun way to keep up with people for me. The one person that I know would understand when I need to talk doesn't live anywhere near me. My Nana is my best friend in the entire world and I want to be exactly like she is one day. I get my hopes up and my heart broken way too easily, but I have a lot of trust issues. I think my eyes are my best feature, but I also think that I have the gift of empathy. Which I love, because I relate to people so well. Overall, like I mentioned, I'm a mess. A really big mess with a lot going on in my brain all at one time that makes it hard to sleep sometimes. But I'm me, and I'm here, and I get up every morning and face another day with a smile on, and I'm loved by the One who counts. I hope that helps a bit, and that you decide to accept me anyway, warts and all. Thanks, you guys, for reading my stuff. I love you so much!

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. Sarah, I love you so much. What a treasure you are - I wish I could comment on every single line. Let me tell you what stuck out to me: 1) you have a gift for writing. I would stop telling you, but clearly you need to be told again. 2) You are always a catalyst for a faith boost in my life. 3) Words of affirmation is my primary love language...and then acts of service. It feels good to hear that you're loved and appreciated. 4) You are an amazing photographer. I can't get over the images that you come up with. Photography is visual art. I don't know how you are at "drawing" and "painting," but you absolutely have a knack for composition AND creativity in your photos. 5) If you want a mentor, let's talk - I know a lot of people who live in your area who I would be able to give you wise counsel and leadership development on a HOST of topics if you were interested in hooking up with any of them. What kind of mentorship are you looking for? Career? Life? I can also recommend some books :) 6) You are no more of a mess than any of the rest of us...we're just here to learn how to harness our messiness and turn it into something beautiful. You're doing a fabulous job, my darling.

    xHUGSx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment