Zumba! 10.05.11

Hey, love! So, I know that I've already posted today, but to make up for my lack of posting over the past few weeks, here is a double-day post.

So, for the past couple of months, I have been going to Zumba classes once a week. I go to this amazing place called La Rumba (check it out, and if you're close, COME!) Let me just tell you, it's seriously one of the best things I've ever done. I get an amazing work out, and I get an amazing new group of friends. Win, win! Zumba means a lot to me, and I want to try to explain why. And, when I'm trying to explain something, I usually work better off of a list. So, a list it is!

(A few) Reasons why I love Zumba:

1. It's a seriously legit workout. I leave almost wringing wet with sweat every single time I go. And it feels awesome. You know that almost high you get after you exercise? Yeah, imagine that times like five and that is what Zumba feels like. True, I'm usually sore afterwords, and the next day I'm cursing those squat songs that we did, but, oh, is it ever worth it!

2. It's an entire hour where the world can just melt away. I don't have to think about this and that test, this college application, that band competition, this house chore, that lack-of-money... I can just be. And do what I love. It's amazing to me how every single time I'm in the room and the lights go out and the music kicks up, the rest of the world literally fades away. Suddenly, it's just me, moving my body in time with the music, along with the other fifty people in the room. The energy just flows through all of us as we breathe, turn, glide, and salsa together.

3. The instructors are fantastic. They are so full of energy, and they inspire me to push myself to become better, both in physical ways and in mental. They are wonderful ladies, full of life and some of the sweetest people I've ever met. They make me want to be a better person, and isn't that what life is about? They welcomed me into the HGF family, and I'm so thankful for that.

4. I've made some really sweet friends. There are faces that I recognize that I never would have known otherwise. And there are people who just make me smile. I think an exchanged smile is worth more than words ever could be! It's as though I've just become a part of a family that's much larger than myself, and I'm thankful for every last one of them!

5. It's just plain fun. How often do you find something that you absolutely love to do? Not very often, if you're anything like me. And that number greatly decreases when it's something that's actually healthy for me. Zumba fills that description. I hope I can continue to go always!


So, Zumba family, if any of you read this, thank you! Thank you for making me a healthier person. Even though I haven't really lost any weight, I feel so much stronger, more exercised and energized, and I have lots more joy! I appreciate each and every one of you more than you'll ever know! Thank you for being who you are, and for accepting me as your family as well! Love you!

Love,
Sarah

Comments