Five Minute Friday

& here's to the weekend that has taken five lonnnnnnng days to get here (:

Today's Topic: In Real Life.

GO.

If you know me, you are fully aware of my immense love of photography. There is almost nothing sweeter than holding a memory in between your fingers, where it forever remains unchanged, regardless of if the people do. But really, there's nothing in the world that can replace real life. Sometimes, it catches me off guard. Life is beautiful... stunning, even. The little moments added together are what make it so, so sweet. The moments of precious conversation with friends, or long-awaited hugs, or even sharing a meal together... nothing can replace that. It's true, photography helps you retain those moments for a little while longer than usual, but it still doesn't replace having been there.

But, that's where my daily challenge for myself comes in, and I'm challenging you to do the same. Today, I challenge you to make today a day worth remembering. And tomorrow, I challenge you to do the same thing again. Memories are wonderful, but today is your gift. Today is your real life, make it amazing (I promise, you DO have the power to do that!). Soak it up, every last breath. Live the life you'll want to remember, and live it today. This... right now... your real life (:

STOP.

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. "Today is your real life, make it amazing." I love your spirit, Sarah! I love photography too, and sometimes I have to make sure I live the moments, not just record them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are so many times i've been out with friends or at an event and thought, 'we are missing this moment.' in the attempt to make sure we capture 'enough', we rarely just enjoy each other. i think it's especially true of the twentysomethings...moments usually feel more like photo shoots taken to ensure everyone on facebook knows we had a great time, when, in reality, we were too busy recording time to 'soak it up' at all.

    woo, so, that was a long way of saying---love your post and your heart, here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true...it is a gift. Thank you for reminding me to cherish today and make the most of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment