Five Minute Friday

So, I know I'm writing a lot on the same topic. Sorry, it's what's on the front lines of my mind right now! But I hope you enjoy it anyways!

Today's Topic: Older.

GO.

It's still strange to me, every single time I open those school doors and step inside. I'm one of the oldest now. The year we've waited for since even Kindergarten is finally here, and in 180 days, we will be the ones receiving diplomas. I see the sweet, slightly scared faces of the new coming freshmen and I can put myself right back into their shoes. It's scary being in a new place. But they'll be okay; they'll be calling Foard home before they know it. It's hard to believe that three whole years have gone by since that was me. High school is such a ride. All kinds of ups and downs, twists and turns, all the time. But what an amazing ride it is. You make tons of new friends, expand your knowledge by leaps and bounds (I mean, who ever thought I'd be passing Calculus!?), and experience what freedom tastes like. It's bittersweet, if you were wondering. Entering high school, I never imagined that four years could fly by so quickly, or that they could be so full of so many memories. And now, here I stand, ready to begin my final year. Older? Absolutely. Grown up? Well, we'll have to see about that one. :)

STOP.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Thank you for taking time to read my entry. It makes my day so sweet! I love you all! (:

Love,
Sarah

Comments

  1. sweet thoughts! my oldest is a freshman, so i found it interesting to read the thoughts of a senior. i'm sure her time is going to fly by these next four years.
    thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous senior year! Don't wish it by too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sarah

    As I started to write a comment here my eyes brimmed up with tears for the beauty I saw in your youthful wide-eyed wonder that is curiously wed to deep wisdom. You are a rare jewel . . . not many people your age are as reflective and sensitive and thoughtful as I perceive you to be. Best wishes for your final year, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment