Five Minutes.

Today, it isn't Friday. I'm aware. But, I'm going to do my five minute writings anyways. Lisa Jo explains it the best way I've ever heard...

"If you read here on a regular basis then you probably love words as much as we do.

Love them in all their shades of emotion and deep range of story.

But perhaps you also suffer from overcritical-alitis when it comes to your own writing?

May I propose a cure?

On Fridays, a few of us have fallen into the habit of taking five minutes to just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.

Five minutes to remember that we are creatures sculpted by The WORD and made for The WORD and beloved by The WORD.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. John 1:1-3.

So on Fridays, we take the dare to become Word Artists. To throw editing and proof reading and critically raised eyebrows out the window. We finger paint with our words – in pink and blue and dark purple. In glitter glue and bright green.

Just five minutes. No more. No less.

Come play word art with us, why don’t you. It’s easy."


Todays topic: Still.

GO.

I'm addicted to photography.

As I thumb through the prints, I can feel the tangibility of the memories filling me up again. I can almost hear the sounds, smell the scents, and feel the warm hugs that are captured within these 4x6 frames. An entire summer is reduced down to fading memories... a stack of photographs in my hands. Oh, and what they do mean to me. Those pictures are memories captured forever. Within those frames, nothing will change. Things will always be the way I remember them; the way I believed them to be. Forever frozen, these stills hold inside jokes and the smell of new perfume. They hold smiles and tears, frustration and bliss. Even though you can no longer hear the voices, see the people, or feel the experience... it's still a part of you. It's right there, tangible, ready to be held and called back to the forefront of your mind. Bit by bit, you can slowly piece back together the stories. All the glory of life, stilled in a 4x6.

STOP.

Comments