Five Minute Friday

Congrats. You made it. It's Friday.

Today's Topic: When Seasons Change.

GO.

"Sign mine!" "Oh, okay, here's mine!" "I'm probably going to write a lot in yours!"

The chorus of voices continues all around me. It's that day again. The day we look forward to all year long, when we get the compilation of all the adventures our year has held. It's yearbook day.

Yearbook day is a day that is so bittersweet. It's exciting to be on the brink of summer, right at it's fingertips, a much-welcomed break from a long, difficult school year. But then again, in your hands you hold the proof that yet another year has passed. Another year gone, making you another year older, and another year closer to everything changing. It seems impossible that an entire 180 days has passed since you bought your new pencils, and your notebooks still smelled of the trees they once were. But yet again, that day seems forever ago. So much has filled those 180 days. Days filled with spirit weeks, homework and tests, friends and laughter. Some sad days, or days when it was hard to keep my eyes open. It's been a long year, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. And now, even though all I have left is memories, those memories will suffice. They will be in my heart forever. My Junior year was an amazing one.

And now, as I welcome summer with open arms, I also welcome the next chapter of my life. With this change of seasons, comes the future. Ready, set, go!

STOP.

Comments