Beautiful Mess.


So, I'm just going to be honest here for a second.

I'm a mess.

Now you know. These past few months have felt as though I have been walking through knee-deep mud. Every single day. It's been stressful, to say the least. I know that I'm not the only one, and I don't want you to think that I'm throwing myself a pity party, because that's not the point of this post. This post is to be open, honest, and sincere with you. Being part of something involves being open and honest with you, which includes the not-so-pretty parts... the mess. But do you know what?

I have a Messiah.

And His name is Jesus. He is alive, and he loves me, and He saved me. Scratch that, he saves me. It's a constant thing.... with every day, every moment, every breath that I take. I mess up so very much. I decide that I'm not going to listen, or that my life would go better my way. Regardless of the fact that every single time I attempt this it turns out badly, I somehow think that it would be a good idea to try one more time. There are days (weeks, months...) that I am just such a mess that I feel un-usuable. I feel ashamed, like I shouldn't let (insert whatever problem here) get to me. I convince myself that I've let God down. But then I hear this sweet whisper, "Sweet girl, you were never holding me up." How thankful I am for that. You know what else?

He uses me for His message.

He takes my story, and He uses it. He uses it to fill the gaps in someone else's pain, to give me the ability to hold someone's hand as they face the same thing. He makes me stronger and opens doors I never could have imagined going through before whatever season I had faced. My mess gives me the ability to love others with depth and empathy. My story is unlike anyone else, and mess and all, it's beautiful. It's planned, lovingly written, and unfolding before my very eyes. He's doing the same for you, you know. So I have one more question.

Will you let the Messiah use your mess for His Message?

Love,
Sarah♥

Comments

Post a Comment