Five-Minute Friday's.

Today's topic: Distance.

GO.

Distance. So much, wrapped up in one little word. When I hear distance, I think of time. The distance of one week, which is all that is left until a much-needed spring break. A distance of a month and a half, all that is left until sweet summer vacation. Then I think of the distance of one year and two months. That's all. One year and two months until I walk across that stage, accept my diploma, and step into an entire new chapter in my life. Am I scared? Absolutely. To death, actually. But it's exciting, too. I love to think of all of the adventures college is to bring. I'm ready to discover who I want to be, and what I want to do one day. I'll meet new people, get to know my way around a new town, and begin a new path towards the rest of my future. It seems so crazy, doesn't it? I mean, I pinky promise I just signed up for kindergarten yesterday. Seriously, there's no way that it has been twelve years since my very first first day of school. I don't even know how that happened. I have so enjoyed my time here though. I've loved living where I do, this small little country town with faces of people I love. I'm thankful for all of the memories, for the popsicle days and star-gazing nights. For the snowball fights and hot chocolate and fireplace evenings. For the home-cooked meals and the breakfasts with my Nana; for so much more. It's hard to imagine spending my 'every day' anywhere but here. I can't wait to get going, but I'm not quite ready to leave yet. All I know is this: This next year and two months? It's time to make them the best I've ever had(:

STOP.

Love,
Sarah

Comments