Five-Minute Friday's.

Today: If You Met Me...

GO.

If you met me, there are some things you would probably notice. You would probably see my stick-straight hair, or the fact that I'm tall, or the scar on my neck. You might notice my Dad's wide smile, or my Mom's bright blue eyes. But then again, there are things you might not notice, too. Things like the way I love dancing with all my heart, or that music is a part of my soul. You might not notice that I'm a trumpet player, or that my favorite color is purple, or that cookiedough ice cream can always make me smile. You may not realize right away that I've been through a lot to stand where I am, or that some days it's still a struggle. If you met me, we'd probably talk about my family, my friends, or my small-town country school that I love. I do hope that you'd notice that I'm thankful, though. I'm thankful for every breath I breathe, every step I take, every moment I'm blessed enough to marinate in. I'm thankful for the grace and mercy that has been extended my way by my Abba, my best friend, my Savior. I hope that the fact that I'm absolutely head over heels for Him would shine through in everything I say and do while we're together. I hope that somewhere in conversation my passion for working and loving on kids, especially oncology patients or my dear kids from the mission trip we go on every year to WV, would come up. I bet you'd notice the joy they put in my eyes, it's unlike anything else. You'd probably notice my southern drawl, and the fact that I use the word 'yall' a lot, but that's okay with me. I love my roots, and I wouldn't have them any other way.

If you met me, I sure hope you'd like me(:

STOP.

Hope you had a fabulous Friday!

Sarah

Comments