Five-Minute Friday's.

So, I follow a few blogs that do this and somewhere the lover-of-words inside of me has been dying to try it. So, here it goes! Don't be too surprised if this becomes a more regular thing. After all, who doesn't love to take five minutes to just write and not worry if it's just right or not!

Rules? Write for only five minutes. Don’t edit. Don’t over think. Don’t stifle your creativity.

Today's Subject?: My Favorite Things.

GO.

The lights are bright, making the sea of faces behind them more of a curtain of black staring right back into my face. I know that in approximately two minutes, I will be standing in front of all of them, open for the judging, but in this very moment it doesn't even matter. I wouldn't want to be anywhere but here. Do you know why? Because, when I'm here, I'm beautiful. I'm me. The feeling comes each and every single time I stand in this place. The way my heartbeat races, and my stomach flutters, and my feet twitch to take that first step... it never gets old. I take a look around me, and I see the faces of the people I love most. It's true, what they say about love... it fills you up. I glance back to the stage to see the tiny little ballerinas hit their final pose. I was there one day, I remember it well. The age where everything is magic. Somehow, ballet managed to let me keep that magic going. That spark never left this part of my life and I'm thankful. As they retreat off the opposite side of the stage, the familiar first chord hits the air above me, and suddenly the rest of the world melts away...

Well, not terrible for the first one? Let me know if you like it, and you should try it too!!

Love,
Sarah

Comments

Post a Comment