You.

Dear You,

Yes, you. The one reading these words, right this very moment. I am writing to you, and only you. This isn't for everyone else, although they may think it is. But they really don't understand what I'm about to say. Only you will. It's specifically, and intentionally written for you to read. And I hope you cherish it, forever.

There are things I want you to always remember, okay? You are beautiful. Stunning, in every way, shape, and form. The way your eyes are shaped and colored, the way your hair falls next to your face, the way that you stand tall at the height you are... it's perfect. Your eyes sparkle and shine with a deep joy that comes from inside you when you laugh. They show your soul, you know... and it's beautiful. You could not be more amazing. I know it gets hard sometimes. There are days when it is hard to wake up, and make yourself face the day that is before you. But you can do it, I know you can, so keep your chin up. I have faith in you. And you know what? You come out stronger because of those rough days, and there's so much to be said for that...not many do. I know there are days when it can be hard to put that smile on your face, but I'm begging you, please do it. That smile makes the world so much brighter. And do you know something? Your smile just may get someone else through the day. You never know who needs, craves, desires, and adores that smile of yours. Don't ever leave the house without it. I also know there are times when you can be lonely, but know this: you are never, ever alone. So many people are in love with you, enthralled by your beauty, your grace, and your charm. You are surrounded by adoring eyes, although you may not always see them. Sometimes we have to search harder than usual, and sometimes we may even have to find those eyes within ourselves. But the ability to love and accept yourself for who you are is a treasure that you can cherish forever. No one can take that away from you, you know? The weather may not always be nice where you are. The wind may be biting cold, or the sun scorching hot. You may have to face the wind, you may have to stand in the cold, but never lose your ground. You are strong enough, I know it. And if you are blessed with a day with sunshine on your face, and the wind at your back, treasure it. Store it up, and use it to get you through the other days. You can, and will make it through, just hold on.

I guess the bottom line is this. I never want you to forget how amazing you are. Never miss an opportunity to show your beauty to the world, and never forget that the strength inside of you is much stronger than anything you will ever face. I hope you always take the time to do what you love, and laugh as much as possible. When the hard times hit, remember that, no matter how bad it may seem, you will be okay. I promise. You can make it through anything.

I love you.

Love,
Me.

Comments

Post a Comment