February 3rd, 2011.

Hello(: So basically, you just get the random thoughts proceeding to go through my head tonight. But, maybe it'll bless you. Who knows! (:

Tonight was crazy, and I'm exhausted. I worked from 4-9 tonight, and we were super busy for a good length of time... 500 dollars in two and a half hours busy. So, my evening was full of carrying subs and pizzas to various people, wiping down the tables after they leave, restocking cups and napkins, taking orders, answering phone calls, making food... you know, the usual teenager job. When we finally finished cleaning everything up, I swore I was going to collapse! And to think, I hadn't even started my homework! It would be so easy to have myself a little pity-party at this point, and whine about my lack of sleep. But before I let myself have this party of one, I stopped to think for a minute. I got paid tonight for my work last week. It wasn't much... just enough to pay for my tithe and my gas money. But as I stood, looking at the bills in my hand, I began to think, "Sarah, look at yourself. You have a job. You have enough money to get yourself where you need to go. You have SO much to be thankful for." How many people out there tonight would give anything to have a job like mine... a job to make money to keep the lights on, or their gas tanks full... especially in this economy. Forreal, it was a fabulous attitude adjustment. So tonight, regardless of how my night went, or how much sleep I may get, I have so much to be thankful for.

Love,
Sarah

Comments