February 13, 2011

"Drawing from all that we have now considered, I hear Him speaking words like these to us. Listen.

"Some of your fondest dreams will shatter, and you will be tempted to lose hope. I will seem to you callous or, worse, weak- unresponsive to your pain. You will wonder if I cannot do anything or simply will not."
"As you struggle with dashed hopes, you will fail, just as My servant Peter did. You will feel discouraged with yourself to the point of self-hatred. And I will seem to withdraw from you and do nothing."
"When all of this comes to pass, My word to you is this:
Do not lose hope. A plan is unfolding that you cannot clearly see. If you could see it as I do, you would still hurt, but you would not lose hope. You would gladly remain faithful to me in the middle of the worst suffering. I guarantee you the power to please me, not to have a good time. But pleasing me will bring you great joy.
"In the deepest part of your soul, you long more than anything to be a part of My plan, to further My kingdom, to know Me and please Me, and enjoy Me. I will satisfy that longing. You have the power to represent me well no matter what happens in your life. That is the hope I give you in this world. Don't lose it."

Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb

Comments