Antibiotics.

Okay, so I'm pretty good at going off on random tangents in my head. And this was one of them. So, here you go.

I basically live off of antibiotics. I mean, if you have to be on an antibiotic for something, I've probably taken it before, at least three times, and can tell you all the tricks. A glass of milk with this one, a cup of yogurt with that one, a lot of praying through that one... you know the drill. But anyways, right now I'm on this generic penicillin drug (for 14 DAYS!), only after I just got off of a ten-day augmentin regimen. Literally, there wasn't a break between the two. Just 24 straight days of antibiotics in all it's glory. So yesterday when I was taking it with my breakfast, I got to thinking. How often do we treat God like an antibiotic? We go our own way, trying to fight off all the diseases of this world by ourselves, and eventually it catches up with us. And then things get bad. We hold off asking for help as long as we can, until there is absolutely no way we can fight it on our own. Then, we turn to God, our personal antibiotic. He is faithful, and he loves us, and he comes and heals us over and over and over again. We remain faithful for the entire duration of the ailment, and then sometimes even weeks past... like my case... but then as soon as we're completely better, we completely forget the antibiotic until we need it again. Why do we do this to God? He isn't some cosmic antibiotic, only there when we need help or healing; He's our father. He's involved in every aspect of our lives every single day. He loves and gives hope, redemption, grace, and mercy to all who ask of Him. So, next time God heals you, don't just leave Him until you're hurting again. Hang on for dear life... because He is the giver of life itself!

Comments