Godstops and Pauls.

Pre-post warning: It's going to be random and sporadic and jumbled up. It's just been a randomlysporadicallyjumbledup kinda day(:

I have been very blessed with several amazing 'Paul'* figures in my life, and today I was blessed enough to get to see and speak to three of them. Now, if it wasn't obvious that God was trying to get my attention then, it will become so in a few minutes. But, I tend to need a bright flashing red sign to be able to see anything apparently, so he had to remind me several different times until I finally got the picture.

First of all, we had an extended homeroom today. HUGE BLESSING. Short Calculus period=an already much improved mood. But during that extended homeroom we had an assembly for Juniors and Seniors. And when I walk into the gym, guess who I see?! None other than Mrs. Pat. Now, Mrs. Pat is one of the people that I know that I can talk to about absolutely anything, and no matter what she will be completely honest with me. Whether I want to hear it or not, if it needs to be said, I know I can count on her to say it. She is one of those people that just being around her makes you feel better. Anyways, we were talking after the assembly and we got to talking about Godstops. I had kindof let the phrase go for the past few weeks, and I wasn't looking for them as much. Just her sweet story was like a reminder. That little whisper in my ear... 'Sarah, I'm still here and I still move. Just look, you'll see'. My response? 'Okay, God. But I haven't seen you lately. You just haven't shown up like you used to, and I've really needed someone lately. But, if you say you're still moving, I'll start looking.' Really doubtful, really selfish, I know.

Then tonight I went to eat with another fabulous Paul in my life, Kara. It's by chance that we met, but I really think it's more like divine appointment. God knew I needed someone, and I couldn't have asked Him to send someone better as an example for me to walk by. She just has this glow that even when she just walks into a room you know God is in her heart. And she has such a sweet spirit and a caring heart. And we really have a lot in common, like our love for God, music, and kids, and we were both diagnosed with thyroid cancer when we were young. It's really cool to me to be able to talk to someone who completely understands where I'm coming from when I say something, and to not have to explain it every time Thyrogen or T4 come up in conversation. Anyway, we were talking about anything and everything and we talked about how God has been moving in completely different ways in both of our lives than He ever has in the past and how where our walks are now is such a different place than it was even a year ago. Again that little 'Sarah, I'm still here, and I'm still working. See, you aren't alone here. I've given you someone who gets you completely.' I literally could have cried. It's such a beautiful thing to be able to do something as simple as go and eat with a friend and share your hearts. I think that's what God intended when he created relationships.

And finally, I arrived at Orange practice to a lovely gift bag with my name on it. Do you even know what was in this gift bag? The best, most wonderful holiday treat ever invented: HAYSTACKS! Well, they aren't technically only a holiday treat, but that's when I get them. And they're the most fabulous when the best Haystack-maker in the world makes them... Susan Kanipe! I'm so very blessed to know her. She's definitely a second mother to me, and God just radiates in and through every single thing she does. We got to talk for a few minutes on the phone when I called to thank her, and I don't even remember what we were talking about, but for the third time there it was 'Sarah, I've given you these people to love you. Accept that, embrace that. They're just a teeny-tiny display of how much I love you, and will always love you. You're never alone.'

I have had several more Godstops in the past couple of days, and with each one I realize again just how special our God is. He knows the little things that I need, and He does very specific things just to remind us that He's still there. He is moving, and living, and loving like crazy. And He will never, ever leave us alone. Just take a second and look around you; you are so blessed. God truly is an all-powerful, full of surprises, amazing God!

*(Paul definition...Everyone in life should have two kinds of relationships always present, a Paul and a Timothy. A 'Timothy' is someone that you are pouring your life into, and teaching and shepherding. A 'Paul' is someone who is doing all of those for you... kind of like a big-brother(or sister!)-mentor-friend kind of thing.)

Comments

  1. You are a blessing to me and it is an honor to get to spend some time with you. I love you and am here for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment