Tuesday, November 16, 2010.

I want to have six kids one day. Four girls, and two boys.

I know, I know! I've heard it 7824957678439 times. "You don't know what you're in for with six kids! That would be crazy!" "You don't actually want six kids, you'll see when you're older." "You aren't even old enough to possibly know what you want yet!" "Just wait, you don't know what it's like to be up with a kid at three in the morning because dinosaurs were chasing them or because their tummy hurts." "You won't be able to watch your own movies and TV shows." "You won't have any time with your husband or your friends." "You give up all kinds of freedoms."

I KNOW. But those things... they aren't terrible. I mean really, think about it. You're giving up those things in order to raise an eternal soul. And plus, look at the flip side.

To your baby boy or girl... you are a hero. They are your number one fan. Looking at them is like looking at a time machine and a mirror all at the same time. For the first nine months of their existence, your heartbeat is their favorite lullaby and the first thing they hear as they wake up. You're the face they look for in a crowd of people, the one they run to when they are all alone. You're the one they wave to from the stage at their first dance recital, and you're the only one who can make them feel better when they strike out for the first time. When they fall and get hurt, they want you to make it better. To them, you are invincible and a superhero. They depend on you to shape them into the people they are going to be one day. They look to you for advice and guidance and everything else. They love you with all they've got.

Maybe it's true, maybe I really don't know and will change my mind one day. For goodness sakes, I'm only sixteen, so I have a while before I will even be settled enough to have kids. And who knows! I might not even marry, and then would never have any kids. That's up to God, not me. But still, that's just how I can see my life one day. I've always wanted to be a Mom, more than anything else in the world. So please, stop telling me it's a dumb idea. Don't try to predict my future. If I can't, then I'm pretty much positive you definitely can't. I'm not saying your not right, I may turn out to be a terrible mother, and may not want to have kids. But let me figure that out for myself. At least for now, let me dream my own dreams :)

Love,
Sarah♥

Comments