Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for. It never ceases to blow my mind how much God has blessed me with. He's so cool! So here's a list of a few of the things I'm thankful for, in no particular order of course! (:

1. Jesus Christ; for being my Savior, for loving me in spite of me, for carrying me when I can't walk on my own, and for never, ever leaving me alone.

2. My Mom & Dad; for being my number one fans, for supporting me in all I choose to do, for loving me unconditionally, and for bringing me up right.

3. Emma Kerr; for putting up with me on my bad days, for stealing my clothes, for the little cards you made me when I was sick, for coming to my ball games, and band competitions, for always having a smile on your face, for facing some of my roughest times beside me, for loving me in spite of my mood swings. You're the best sister I could have ever asked for.

4. My friends; for making the school days bearable, for helping me get through everything, for knowing me, yet choosing to be seen in public with me anyways.

5. My Grandmothers; for showing me how to have class, and how to be strong in spite of everything else, for making my bad days brighter, and always having the right advice and a big hug ready and waiting.

6. My Papa. You'll always be my hero, and the one that taught me so many more things than I could even begin to name. Even though today marks two years since we lost you, you'll always be in my heart. I'm thankful for the times we did have, and for everything you mean to me. I miss you so much.

7. All of the other fabulous women I have to look to as an example: Susan, Kendra, Kara, Anne, Kim, Erica, Ashley, Jenna, Lisa, Tina, Carrie, Pat, and so many more. You've given me the best examples to live by, and I could not be more lucky to know each and every one of you!

8. My 'Big Sisters', even though I don't see you much any more, I love you all dearly from the very bottom of my heart. You've taught me so much, and been there for me when I needed advice or even just a hug. Kate, Rachel, Sara, Janel, Rachael, Kelsey, Bethany, and everyone else.

9. Music; for keeping me company on my late nights, for being able to express every single one of my emotions, for always having the right words. If you were a person, I'd hug you and never let go.

10. My Band. You guys are my support, and my home. I love each and every one of you more than you'll ever know. This past season, I've learned so many lessons about myself and who I am and am becoming. I couldn't have done any of it without all of you, and I'm more than lucky to have you in my life. Being your Drum Major has been the best experience I've ever had, and I couldn't be more thankful for that opportunity!

11. Studio B, and everyone involved with it. For being my home away from home, my backbone, my escape, my closest family. Even though I'm not a good dancer, it never fails to make me happy, and has been the main constant through everything.

12. My team of doctors; for keeping me healthy and always having my back, for taking God's approach to everything you've done, for saving my life on dozens of occasions, for being like my second set of parents and big sisters, for going above and beyond just to make sure that I'm having the best quality of life possible. I pray for all of you, you are like family to me.

13. My Nikon D80 for capturing my fondest memories and moments that will last a lifetime, and for letting me borrow pieces of Gods creation between your 4x6 borders(:

14. My room, for being the exactly perfectly right color of purple and always welcoming me home no matter what my day has been like.

15. Naganoes, for always being amazing and having wonderful food.

16. My small group, for being one of the few places I can just relax and take a couple hours to chat about anything and everything, and a place where I can come to unload after a difficult week, for being there for me no matter what.

17. For my 5th grade girls on Sunday mornings. You are sunshines and I want you to know how especially important you all are to me. I want to pour myself out to each of you, and help you to avoid the many mistakes I've made in my life. You are precious daughters of the king!

18. Arnoldsburg, WVA & FBC Mebane; for being my favorite place on the planet, for introducing me to my second family and my favorite youth group ever in Mebane, for being home to the most amazing children I have ever met, for being a special small town that I look forward to going to, for having a community of people that are hungry for God and are always willing to open their doors to us.

19. The moon, for reminding me on a regular basis that I am small and loved very much by a fantastic Father in heaven.

20. Winston-Salem, NC; for being my favorite town to go to, for embracing me when I come for my regular visits, and for housing Dewy's Bakery.

20a. Anyone who has read this far! :D

21. Rita's Italian Ice; for being absolutely delicious in every way, and for allowing me to sit outside on your benches with Kelsey Lechtner and vent for several hours at a time, and thus keeping me sane.

22. The lessons I've learned these past few months, like the fact that I can stand on my own two feet, and that I don't need anyone to be who I am. I'm stronger than I imagined I was, and I'm perfectly content with being just me. And I've come to be okay with being alone. Whatever God's will, it will bring me the truest joy and fulfillment for sure!

23. Being a girl with the ability to wear dresses and makeup and tutu's. It's the absolute best.

24. Gift-giving holidays. I loveloveloveLOVE giving people presents. It's the best!

25. A wonderful support system of people that love me & that I love. I could not be more blessed!

So, that's definitely not all, but it's a list anyways. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments