Suncatchers.

Okay, I definitely took the whole 'craft tutorial' idea, but I figured it'd make an interesting post (: I spent one of my last days of summer with my two 'little sisters'... one is twelve and one ten. We decided to make this fabulously cheap craft together, and it was so much fun. I really recommend it!

1. Get some super cheap yarn (I chose black? That way you could use whatever colors inside) And some (also cheap!) white glue. Just make sure the glue dries strong, not flexible.


2. Get a disposable container (I recommend a pudding container!) and pour a small amount of glue into it.
3. Cut a length of yarn (12 inches is a good starting point) and dip it in the glue. Then, run the yarn between your fingers to remove the excess glue.

4. Lay some wax paper out onto any flat surface (I used a cookie pan, so that way it was easy to move around.) Then, take your yarn and shape it into whatever you desire. Make sure that all shapes are closed shapes and that the yarn is flat on the wax paper; any holes will leak. Make as many shapes as you want, and let them dry completely.

5. Once the yarn is completely dry, squeeze glue into the outline until it is completely filled.


6. Drop food coloring into the glue and stir (use something small, like the end of a pencil or a toothpick). You can use different colors for different areas, or blend the colors together. Be careful not to blend too much, the dye spreads.

7. Let dry completely. When totally dry, peel off of wax paper.

8. Poke a hole through the top and lace yarn through the top to hang with, and then enjoy your new suncatchers!








Love,
Legs♥

Comments