Why is it that when we're five, everything comes so easy? Kids will talk to anyone, honestly, about anything. Kids don't judge you based on how you look, or speak, or anything like that. Life is so easy through their eyes. They trust that they'll be taken care of, no matter what. They love unconditionally. Kids don't care if you're supermodel thin, or if you wear the right clothes. They see you as you are, for who you are. What is it that makes that difficult as we grow up? Why do we, all of the sudden, become too smart for our own good? I now understand why Christ said we should have faith like a child. It's genuine, trusting, and not over thought. Part of what is so astounding about salvation is that it's so simple. Why do we try to make it complicated? I pray I always keep the mindset of a child. I want to see people for who they are, and be accepting. I want to have that open, honest disposition. I want to keep that ability to see the beauty of the small things. I never want the ocean, or the park, or the aquarium, or the zoo... I never want it to get old. I want to keep that excitement that I have now.


Love,
Legs♥

Comments