My Senior Dancers ♥

So tonight was our dance recital. A whole year of dance, all for those three minutes that you perform that one dance on that stage, and all extremely, extremely worth it. Dance is seriously one of the few things I live for. I love it, it's as much a part of me as walking or talking. Not totally necessary, but I'd be lost without it.

This year was especially important/special to me. This year, I made two of the best friends I've ever had in my entire life. I just hate that we weren't as close as we are now so many years before now. They've changed my life, who I am, who I was, who I want to be. It was bittersweet to have to say goodbye, but I know that it will be okay, because we'll always, always (yes, it deserved two)... be friends. Forever.

(I decided to type this, because if I said it on stage, I would have cried) (:

Rachael,
I have a hard time putting into words what it is you mean to me. You're the person I hope to one day be. You're funny and smart and outspoken and sweet and so much more that I can't even describe. It means the world to me that you'd even want to be friends with me, and that you'd be willing to include me in everything. Band would definitely not have been the same without you this year. Not to mention dance. Your presence in a room automatically brightens up any day, and I love that about you. You're always happy, and always look on the bright side. If the world was more like you, it would be such an amazing place to live. You've made me into a better dancer. You were always willing to help me get a step or make up a dance or anything else. Your technique and personality showed in everything you did, and no one could match you. But more importantly, you've made me into a better person. You stand out, and you're proud of that. Not too many people have that, and it's something to definitely be admired, and something I'm working on. You're not afraid to speak your mind, or tell it like it is, and that's something I'm gaining from being around you as well. You are original, and you don't try to fit in with what everyone else is doing. I'm going to miss you so much next year, but I know you'll do amazing at college. Expect some visits(: Don't forget how much I love you dear... more than words could say!


Kake,
I have just as hard of a time trying to form words around what you mean to me. You are the sweetest, funniest, craziest, most amazing person I've ever met. You are an amazing dancer, and I know you'll do amazing at college being just that. I'm so glad that you decided to be friends with me, even though I thought you were stuck up at first (; Now, that cracks me up so much, because I know you are so far from that. You're sweet, and caring, and you always find the good in people. You also have made me a better dancer. You challenge me to do things I can't do, be things I've never been, and try things I've never tried. 'I can't' has never been a part of your vocabulary, and I admire that so much. You're talent and technique is something I'll never be able to match, but always will strive for. Because of you, I now try to be more organized, more punctual, and try harder in general, on everything. It's a difficult bar to reach, but I'm going to try my best. I wouldn't be me today if I didn't know you. Good luck next year, in all you do. You'll be amazing! I love you so much!

I promise I'll do my best to make you guys proud next year. You're my heroes, my best friends, my sisters. Never forget how much I love you, and that I'm always here for you, no matter what. I love you so much!

Love,
Legs♥

Comments