Psalm 46:1-2

"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and mountains crumble to the sea." -Psalm 46:1-2

From time to time, all of us face adversity, discouragement, or disappointment. And, throughout life, we must all endure life-changing personal losses that leave us breathless. When we do, God stands ready to protect us. Psalm 147 promises, "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds...". When we are troubled, we must call upon God, and, in his own time and according to his own plan, He will heal us. Are you anxious? Take those anxieties to God. Are you troubled? Take your troubles to Him. Does your world seem to be trembling beneath your feet? Seek protection from the One who cannot be moved. The same God who created the universe will protect you if you ask Him... so ask Him.

"There is something about having endured great loss that brings purity of purpose and strength of character." -Barbara Johnson



^^ This was my devotion a few days ago, and it's really spoken to me. Here's what I've learned:

1. Your problems may seem big right now, but God is always bigger.

2. He wants to hear from us, so why not go to Him? He's never bothered by us pouring ourselves out to him. And in his arms we are completely safe, and will never be betrayed.

3. The world may walk out on you, or you feel like it anyways, but always remember this: God is not of this world. He overcame it!

4. When everything seems to be slipping out from under your feet, you have an immovable rock holding you up always.

5. The power that God used to create the universe, as well as raise Jesus from the dead, is available to us when we ask Him. He's willing and ready to give it to you.

6. I always have someone on my side, fighting for me, wanting the best for me, cheering me on, and loving me. I don't need anything else ♥

Love,
Legs♥

Comments