Smile(:

There's always a reason to smile. Always. Even on one of the darkest days, there's something good you can pull out. There's some sort of silver lining to every single cloud. And more often than not, someone else out there has it worse off than you do. I once heard a quote that said, "when the world gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show them you have a thousand reasons to smile" It may not be a thousand, but here is some of the reasons I have to smile today(:


1. So today was pretty much great. I know, it was the first day after spring break, but still.

2.I have the most amazing friends ever. I love all of them very dearly!

3.Today, Jacob brought me back a bracelet from his cruise! It's purple (my favorite color!) and it has my name on it! I love it! Thanks, Jacob!

4. I got to see everyone at dance tonight! They are like my second family

5. Beautiful weather today... summer is coming!

6. I can hear the laugh of others, which makes me happy

7. I am a member of the best band ever, and I love them all dearly.

8. I've been told happy looks good on me, so why not!

9. I had a great Bible Study this morning dealing with friendship! It was a definite Godstop, because we just talked about friendship last night in youth!

10. I have wonderful mentors. Many people who I can look up to and trust, which is a huge blessing.

11. I've got people who care and just want to see me succeed.

12. It's Monday, which is one day closer to the weekend!

13. I got to see Sarah for the first time in a few weeks!

14. Smiling cost me nothing, but gives others a great gift.

15. I'm loved. By people, but more importantly, by a God who stands beside me and guides me in all I do. I'm tiny, and full of sin, but he saves me and forgives me. He's a huge God who still takes his time to listen to me. How can that not make you smile?!

16. I love. I love my family, my friends, and my God. By giving that love, I receive an even greater gift and blessing.

17. I have a great family. They love me and are here for me if I ever need them. They love me unconditionally. That kind of love isn't just found everywhere. I know I'm blessed to be raised in a home like I am.

18. It makes me feel better to smile. Smiling shows joy, and by showing joy, I also receive it.

19. You're never fully dressed without a smile.

20. Life's great. Sure, it's full of twists and turns and unexpected happenings. Some things are good, others aren't. Some things we love, others we don't. But overall, I love this life. This crazy, hectic, beautiful life. It's a blessing to wake up every morning and experience it!


I heard the song 'Smile' by Uncle Kracker the other day, and I fell in love with it. I think it definitely describes the way I feel right now...(:

"You make me smile like the sun,
Fall out of bed,
Sing like a bird,
Dizzy in my head,
Spin like a record,
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool,
Forget how to breathe,
Shine like gold,
Buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile"

Toodles!

Love,
Legs♥

Comments