How Great is Our God

Well, I'm pretty bad at keeping this up. Sorry! But, today I actually have something to write about.

So Thursday and Friday, I had my thyrogen shots. Basically, thyrogen is just a big old shot of TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) that is usually made by your pituitary gland. TSH is made when you don't have enough thyroid hormone in your system and it makes your thyroid cells grow and make hormones. One of the proteins/hormones they make is called Thyroglobulin. So this shot makes my body think there is a great need for thyroid hormone, and if there are any thyroid cells, they produce thyroglobulin. Then 72 hours after my shot, aka tomorrow, I'll go in and have blood work and scans done. So that way they'll know if there are any thyroid cells left. The normal level for TSH in your body is from .5 to 5. They try to keep mine under one, because if there are any cells left, we don't want anything telling them to grow! But on Thursday they gave me a 9 and on Friday another 9. So, I have 18 right now where I'm used to having .7. Needless to say, I haven't been feeling too great. But, I've been worse! So I'm not complaining.

I had a crazy busy weekend! Saturday morning everyone from Mebane came down and we had our mission trip meeting from 10 to 12. I went from 10 to 11 and then had to run across town to get to school where we did 3 ballet dances for this community thing. We started dancing at 11:50 and ended at 12:15. I then ran down to the band room, threw on a dress over my ballet clothes, got my trumpet, warmed up, and went back to the community thing and played with the Jazz Band. FUN right? Haha. So after that massive push of exhaustion, I go shopping with Mom and Nana and Emma. When I got home, I mowed the front yard. It was worth the exhaustion that ensued. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Then today, I went to church and then our small group had an outing at the park. We had the best time ever! It was absolutely wonderful. I love those girls with my whole heart! Any time you spend time worshipping with someone, you become so much closer and everything is just all around better. They are my support system and my very best and closest friends.

I actually have a reason for the rambling above. It's to show you that this weekend, though fun, wasn't easy. I have some 'scan-xiety' for tomorrows scans. I know it's been four years, but you still feel it, ya know? And there's a lot of other stuff going on in my life that I'm definitely not going to blog about. But yesterday, one of the dances we were doing was 'How Great is our God'. It really hit me home yesterday, that song, because it reminded me that no matter how big my troubles seem, God is bigger. He's truly great and he's carried me though so much. Well, if that wasn't enough of a Godstop, we sang it this morning in youth! And our lesson was on how big God is and what makes him great. Part of what makes him so great is that he intervenes in our lives. He reminds us of his love. So that was another moment. Then, apparently my attention wasn't reached, so we sang it AGAIN in service! HOLY COW! God is just too cool. Seriously, though. God is great. He is holy, perfect, wonderful, and mighty. And he loves us. Why? I have no idea. But he does, each and every one of us. I'm so blessed to be so tiny and so loved. I've never been more thankful in my whole life.

How Great is Our God<3

Love,
Legs♥

Comments