Errant Thought Roundup

Borrowing a leaf from a dear friend's book today, and posting an Errant Thought Roundup. 
Her's are generally better than mine, so you should check it out! southerndisposition.blogspot.com.

So, here goes nothing.

I love, I love, I hate, I hate,
I like, I wish, for goodness sake...
I hope, I hope, I pray, I pray,
I will, I won't, and for today...

I love the way the world gets super quiet when it snows outside. It's so beautiful. And it reminds me that I need to get quiet sometimes. I need to find a space to be still and let myself be cleaned of all the toxins that reside within my soul. It's a good reminder to "be still and know"... which I spoke about this morning in my "five minute Friday" post! You should check it out (:

I love. It is as simple as that. Despite all the heartache, the fear, the brokenness, I love. I love fully and without restraint. I invest in others as I would like to be invested in. I love others as I would like to some day be loved in return. I strive to love like Jesus loves. Despite all the reasons not to, I love anyway.

I hate being icky sicky. I've had this whatever it is for a solid 6 weeks now. I'm on my second antibiotic and nothing is helping at all. I just want to be able to go through the day without feeling like my lungs are collapsing, and sounding like a dying seal. That's all, really.

I hate the superficiality that exists in vast amounts on a college campus. It's really hard for me to hold my tongue as I see one of my favorite little guys in the whole world fighting for a few more days, and then turn around and hear people complaining about the fact that their hair dye didn't turn out exactly as planned. Or that they aren't as tan as they would like to be. Or that they got caught doing illegal drugs. I mean, seriously?! Do people really not know how good they have it? I know of a million little guys who would give anything to be able to celebrate their high school graduation, and move in to a college setting. But they won't get to. So stop wasting the chance you have. 

I like being in my cozy little dorm room. I like the way it feels knowing that, by being here, I am moving forward toward a career in which I will, hopefully, be able to help people some day. I like the atmosphere and community here. I like this journey of finding out who I'm supposed to be in the world.

I wish that I could have gone home this weekend. It was supposed to be so much fun, taking my roommate to Hickory, showing her where I'm from, going to the HG glow party and seeing my sweet family. Getting some necessary business out of the way so that I could focus on being here. But, alas, maybe I really just need to take a weekend to rest. Maybe that's what this weather is telling me to do, anyways.

For goodness sake stop being so hateful to one another. We're all humans, just trying to make it in this world together. Be kind, be generous, and be tolerant. Don't hate on someone else for who they are. You never know what battles someone is fighting, or what mountains they may be facing in their lives. So, be nice.

I hope that people will enjoy my group fitness class. I enjoy it so much, and it is a wonderful outlet for me. I love to be an encourager, so this is a wonderful time for me to be able to get to pour into people and motivate them to love themselves! Loving oneself is such an imperative thing, and is rarely found in college. So, I will try my best to instill that in my participants!

I hope that I can pick up my writing again. I had forgotten how good it felt to put things into words, and create this art that is the written word. I hope that you guys here, my sweet readers, enjoy what I am putting on here. But even if you don't, no offense!, but I will continue to write and post. This blog is as much for me as for anyone. And if you are blessed along the way, then yay! I've done even more than I could have hoped!

I pray that my heart would heal. That I would find direction and be filled. That this season of my life will turn out to be of use somewhere in the future. 

I pray for many people today. I know many that are hurting. Many are sick, suffering loss, and are heartbroken. Many are worn, stressed, and hopeless. I pray that comfort comes soon, for all of us. I pray that I can be a source of help whenever possible. I want to be  a rainbow in someone's cloud.

I will dance. And dance and dance and dance. And laugh. I will enjoy these small moments and string them together to make them count more than the bad stuff. I will get through it.

I won't complain. I won't whine and moan. I won't put myself into situations where I am compromised. I have it really, really good compared to so very many people. If you really look, you probably do too.

And for today I breathe. I look at the world around me and I am thankful. I curl up and enjoy this time of relaxation and attempt to rest. I take some moments to sit and be still and commune with my Father. I keep loving, even when it is hard. I keep moving forward, one step at a time. I dance, and I laugh, and I live. 

Love,
Sarah

Comments